I'm really fed up

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ggks, May 20, 2010.

1. ggks

ggks New Member

and hurt that no one can find a cure for this terrible disease. You and I struggle along. In unbelieveable pain, trying anything and everything we can for even a little help. NO ONE, or just a few, seems to really care. Oh yes there are a few doctors that do their best to help BUT there isn't much, if any research going on that I have heard about. I do not know, even, who to blame for the lack of finding a cure. How do we go about putting on some pressure, I mean REALLY PUTTING ON THE PRESSURE.

I guess you can tell that, today, I am in a lot of pain and there is not a great big headline in the morning paper saying "GOOD NEWS, WE FOUND IT, A CURE FOR FIBROMYALGIA AND CHRONIC FATIGUE"

OH well, I can dream can't I and I thank you for listening. ggks
  2. Junegal

Junegal New Member

I *so* understand how you feel. It isn't even being sick so much as the world viewing us as a bunch of crazy lazies. I think that bothers me more. We get no support out there and it is horrible.

Hang in there. Hoping tomorrow is a better day.
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Never stop dreaming.

Maybe one day? If not a cure, at least controlling the symptoms?

Hope you feel better, soon. Take care.

4. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Almost 23 years with this dd and many years on this forum watching members come and go. Suggestions, possible cures, hearing the loneliness, how many have lost all their friends, doctors who don't understand or don't care.

Now I face yet another issue. My husband of 5 years who I met on this forum, just threw me out. Threw me out mind you and he has this illness too. Why, you ask? Because I refused to hand over my S.S. check to him and let him control me.

Was I stupid? He is 58, I am just 63, and the one thing in life I hate more then anything in the world is living alone. I just want somebody to love. Someone who loves me.

I just cannot look into the forseeable future knowing that I have likely lost my last chance to have someone to share my life with.

I am at my daughter's for now, but this is temporary and I am expected to find a place of my own soon. I would not mind sharing an apartment with another straight female my age just to have someone who has this illness to talk to and understand.

But, alone, how can I a caring person just be alone for the duration of my life. I will wither and die sooner then I would if I had someone who understands to be friends with.

I hate this, absolutely hate it.
  5. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

We must be having the same kind of week. Today has been particularly bad and Im angry. I want someone to cure this or get me out of this pain! Ive been going thru my breakthrus and they arent helping much at all. Nothing is. I feel abandoned by the medical community. I wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy if I had one. Its not living, thats for sure.