I'm really scared..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LouiseO, Mar 11, 2003.

1. LouiseO

LouiseO New Member

First of all I want to say thanks to all that answered my OxyContin.
    I wrote also that I am going to Detox tommorrow. It will be for 5-7 days. Just want to see if you can send a few prayers my way. Because I am really scared. I have never had to do this before.

Luv Ya, Louise xooxoxox
  2. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

You will be in my prayers and I hope that it goes well with no effects of coming off. You will do just fine. I am taking oxy now but only10mg x2day its helping my pain when ms contin didn't, I hope that it goes great for you and I thinik that its great that you are taking this on. Be well best wishes

hugs,
    Jeanna
  3. LouiseO

LouiseO New Member

Thank you so very much. This helps so very much.

Luv Ya Much, Louise xoxoxo
  4. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

I was scared to death too!! But the people there were wonderful, you'll be with instant friends just like on the this board. I don't know if you read my last post to you, I would strongly recommend that your doc is involved, that way you get the best treatment. When I went I didn't know I would of recieved different treatment if my doc was involved. It kind of keeps them on thier toes. If your doc isn't involved, I would put in a call right away. Other than that you should be fine, it should be like a hospital setting, with 2 in a room and good food. They do the AA thing too, so be prepared. Don't bring any gum, candy or opened containers of anything or hand held games cause they will take them away from you. They will check your pocketbook and suitcase to. Don't forget some people are there because it is ordered by the court. But most are there because they want help. I will be thinking about you and keep you in my prayers. Love to you, Deb
  5. mrskbarnett

mrskbarnett New Member

My prayers are with you. I've been in detox before, it wasn't because of the Oxy though and it is hard, But if you're really in need of it, then it's the best thing. Just make sure that that's what it is that you need. I will say a HUGE prayer for you honey.
    Kim
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sorry; I missed your post about this. I've not been doing all that well and not reading every post. Since I'm not familiar with Oxycontin, I probably just figured I had nothing to offer.

What I can do is send up a prayer for you. Hang in there; we are all prying for you. Be sure to contact us when you are through. If it gets tough, just think of all of us in your corner, plus your angels, and you will do just fine.

Love, Mikie
  7. FMSurvivor

FMSurvivor New Member

Dear Louise,

You are most probably on your way to detox as I post this message but wanted to offer you hope and love.

Detox is a great way to learn to control your drug or alcohol habits. However, I don't agree with you going to detox to get off this codeine based product if you aren't using it for any other purpose than trying to control your FM symptoms... There are many drugs out there that can help with your withdrawal symtoms that are common with narcotic drugs

You aren't alone...

Try to remember that you can't get addicted to narcotics unless you are taking them leisurely or out of habit.

Narcotics are formulated to attack the pain transmitters that make us feel pain. They can be habit forming if you find yourself taking them before you have pain but this can be confusing as well because many docs suggest taking them on a reg basis.. Wrong advice in my opinion.

Please keep us posted of your progress... One Day At A Time and during trying times, I live by the motto "One Second At A Time"

Keep safe and best of luck with your future treatments.

My prayer for you is "God Grant Me the Senerity To Accept The Things I Cannot Change, The Courage To Change The Things I Can and The WISDOM To know the difference"

God Bless

FM Survivor
  8. LouiseO

LouiseO New Member

They didn't have a bed. I almost wonder if I just don't need to be on a antidepesant. Instead of Detox. I might be just depressed. Does any one know if that can cause bad mood swings? Since they didn't have a bed for me. I'm just going to my family doctor on Thrusday morning. So maybe she can help me.
    Thank you so very much for all of your support. Sending many hugs and lots of love.

Luv Ya, Louise xoxoxox
  9. pamela

pamela New Member

Maybe it wasn't meant to be...maybe you weren't suppost to be there. I hope you can find help with this..I know its out there. I will pray for you...Pammy