I'm scared right now Possible pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by momof471, Jan 31, 2008.

1. momof471

momof471 New Member

I normally post on the fibro board, I really need to bounce this off of other's right now.

I am so scared, I think I might be pregnant. Its really funny cause last week, I actually was really interested in having sex with dh.

Of course we didn't have any condoms, I can't take the pill because of vascular problems with me. Well, we did it anyway, can't miss a really want to moment...this NEVER happens with me since fibro.

Tuesday I began having severe pain in my lower back, much worse than the average normal. Its been non stop. Yesterday, I've had spotting and a little this morning. My period does not start for another week, I am like clockwork.

I'm scared this is implantation bleeding, had it before with one of my other pregnancies. I am really scared, and don't want to worry DH yet.

I'm 36 with 4 children youngest will be 6 soon. They were all approx 2 and a half years apart.

I'd love a baby, but I am scared with the fibro and my health, that I will be able to handle this.

I thought this part of my life was behind me, I certainly have a long week ahead of me!

God Bless
  2. momof471

momof471 New Member

NO, anything but haveing the baby, if that is the case would not be an option for me. It would definantly be loved, it just feels impossible with my condition, I know what pregnancy entails. My last two were very hard due to blood clots(why I can't take the pill), so this scares me a little along with the fibro in the mix.

If God blessed us with a child, he will give me the grace to carry it through, right now it feels impossible though.

If this is not the case then I will have to make a trip to my gyn to see what is going on, since this is very abnormal for me.

This is going to feel like a really long wait!

God Bless
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Can you run out and get one of those otc Pregnancy tests? maybe that would help ease your mind alittle bit,,,,,

i know 2 gals that were pregnant with fm and they actualy felt better while they were pregnant,,,,,,,I know this may not apply to you but it would be nice ,,,if you are pregnant!,,,,,,,Sis
  4. momof471

momof471 New Member

its to early to get the test, believe me I will be getting one, or a few for when my actual cycle is due!!! Right now it would be throwing money down the drain!

I've already thought about having to change my name!!! I'm already thinking I need to schedule in with my family physician, just in case, I have a lot to keep track of, thyroid, heart, blood clot issues and the fibro. I'm thinking I will probably need a high risk ob this time. They almost sent me to one last time and I didn't have half the issues.

I'm concerned about my meds, I take nothing for pain, I take amtriptaline, lamictal, citalopram, metoprolol and synthroid. I expect the first three will have to go, along with my sanity!

My rheumy treats me for the fibro, I have never seen a pregnant woman there, so we will see, I'm sure he'll be happy to help with some injections, I get those in my elbows already.

If pregnancy is the case, I am going to have my work cut out for me, I can see doctor visits dominating the next 9 months. I'm tired and I don't even know yet!

Thanks for the response and suggestions, I've got a lot to think about and I'm REALLY feeling the stress right now!

I've heard about women that go through pregnancies where the fibro sort of goes into a remission, that would be a really nice benefit!
    God Bless
    [This Message was Edited on 01/31/2008]
  5. momof471

momof471 New Member

my worries to my husband, he knew something was bothering me and I told him. So now he will be on pins and needles with me. He is concerned about my health, but I'm already lining up a plan even though I don't know for sure.

I'm thinking the herapin will be a route I have to go. My veins are really bad and I get blood clots in my legs. With a baby pressing on that back artery its just going to happen.

I'm going to look for those early tests, I'm going to try and wait until Sunday to try a first one, longer if I can hold out.

I remember I had implantation spotting before, and I had cramping, right now its just pink on tissue when I go bathroom, I'm cramping and have very bad low back pain. I had cramping in all my pregnancies though. If it is not pregnancy, I will have to get to the doctor anyway, for an explanation!

Thank you for the responses and the support, I need it!

God Bless
  6. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I have seen many people with fibro over the years say they actually felt better during the pregnancy. I will pray for you that all is ok no matter what happens.

Take care.
  7. momof471

momof471 New Member

What a beautiful picture in your profile! Thanks for the reassurance, maybe there could be an easing of symptoms, that would be SO nice.

God Bless
  8. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

My fibro eased up while I was pregnant with all 3 of mine.
    I delivered all of my children early though. My middle one was 7 weeks early.

But all and all I look back now and can't believe how I got through it.

All of my children are great, I have one in college, one in the military, and one at home still. I also have taken in my 5 year old neice because my sister got deployed.

On the good side you already have 4 children to help you out, I think it will be a blessing in disguise......

Please let us know if you are..

Love and hugs,
  9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

You have gotten lots of good advice already. Glad to hear that Bevy and others did not have any problems being pregnant and having the babies with their FM, etc. I cann't say because when I was pregnant - all 5 times I did not have FM/CFS, etc. It came much later on. Still havd all my problems for over 20 years or more.

Yes, think of it a a wonderful blessing and youwill others to help you out also, esp if you have other daughters. However, boys can help out to.

Let us know if you are pregnant and let us share your joy - even though it wasn't exactly a planned pregnancy. I know cause after our 4 daughters we did not plan any more at all. Well, surprise and we had a son after 4 daughters. He was a joy as they all were ( not counting those teenage years sometimes - (-: !!!) Tee, hee !!

Hugs and blessings.

[This Message was Edited on 02/01/2008]
  10. kjade

kjade New Member

Hi momof471!! I am a momof371!! (well I have 3 kids and I was born in 1971 so I think we are the same age).

I just went through the exact same thing the past few weeks. I always wanted 4 children, but after I hit 35 decided it might not be good for me.

Although, I must say that I never felt better in my life than I did when I was pregnant. I've read that a lotof women with Fibro go into remission while pregnant (maybe hormones??)

Anyway, a couple weeks ago I just "felt" like I was pregnant. I had cramping and some other signs I won't get into that I always had when I was newly pregnant. I too had breakthrough bleeding with one of mine, but with that one, I already knew I was pregnant and I was terrified it was a miscarriage, but it was not.

I too have always had "perfect" cycles. I could always pinpoint the exact date it would arrive. But the past couple months they have been a little off.

I still don't know for sure if I am or not (I don't think so - I hope) but maybe things are starting to change, like pre-menopause or something?

Let me know what happens with you, and I will let you know about me too. I'm still a little nervous, but I like what one poster said to you about the child wanting to come to you (or something like that...my brain is bad today....maybe it is PMS????) Someone told me that once too.....it is such a sweet thought.

Good luck - keep us posted!

11. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Thanks, that picture was taked 4 yrs ago in Redondo Beach. We lived right on the ocean and I had never seen such a sunset before - or since.
  12. momof471

momof471 New Member

its nice to know your fibro eased up a little. Even for a time that would be nice. I'm sure my girls will be big helpers if this is a new addition.

right now its wait and see and hope the stress will not send me into a flare!

God Bless

By the way, is that a boxer in your profile? With the angle I'm not to sure, it looks that way though. We have two boxer's.[This Message was Edited on 02/01/2008]
  13. momof471

momof471 New Member

I have four girls myself, its hard to keep my sanity sometimes but they are blessings! My oldest is 13 and becoming quite a challenge!

We had said no more after I got injured in 04. The clotting issues are scary enough without fibro in the mix. Its scary, but you know, if I am pregnant, I think I will be happy about it. I've always wished I'd been able to stay home with one from birth, maybe a wish granted.

My husband is already making comments about maybe this is the boy. We'll see.

My kids are my reason to get out of the bed in the morning and I'm thankful for them. Without them, I'm sure this illness would be much worse for me.

God Bless
  14. momof471

momof471 New Member

you solved my name! Yep, may have to change it! My cycles are perfect, in fact so perfect I stopped tracking them. Thank goodness for all of the doctor appointments I have, made it easy to figure it out!

The laugh about the whole thing is that I was really in the mood for the first time in a looong time! A couple of days later, I just started with the unbearable backpain and cramping, couple days after that the spotting. Still have time to wait.

Hubby wants me at doc now, but I want to wait it out and then I'll go either way, pregnant or no. If I'm not, there is something going on that is not good.

I'm sorry you are going through the not knowing right now also, I can feel my stress levels rising tremendously. The thought of 5 is scary, but I'm sure the girls will be great helpers!

God Bless
  15. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi again Mom,

Have you tried one of thowe kits you can get at the drub store? Depends though how far along you are and the test. I am not sure which is the most accurate for early one . Maybae someone here would know. We didn't have those in the "Olden Days" when you didn't know the sex of the baby till it was born, etc. etc. They also did not have those kits either.

When I was pregnant with my second daughter I went to the doc and he did a bood or urine test, I fordt not to long ago. They said I was not pregnant and I said I was I had all the signs and I was right. Listen to your body (-: !!!
    Just thought you might want to try it if you don't want to wait to see the doc.

Blessings and hugs,

16. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I just wanted to say I hope everything works out okay for you. Babies are a blessing from God. I guess my name could be momof671, haha! I adore babies! And it's a good thing with my 18 year old daughter being pregnant. She said she has felt the baby "flutter" now. She is diffenately showing already at 14-15 weeks along. I am sure everything will work out for the best if yo are pregnany sweetie!

Take Care!
  17. momof471

momof471 New Member

as soon as its time for my period I will be testing! I know what you mean about listening to your body, its to early for me to test, but I seem just so much more sensitive to my body, outside of the spotting, you know?

I expect that is the fibro in me and the central nervous system issues that come along with it.

The possibility is actually making me happy now, I think I will be dissapointed if I'm not.

Its in God 's hands now.

God Bless
  18. momof471

momof471 New Member

God will give me the grace to get through the pregnancy. I know I would love #5 just a much as the other's.

I like a big family, I didn't have a big one, hubby did, I like how the kids interact and support each other in spite of their selves sometimes.

You certainly know what I will be facing!

God Bless
  19. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I didn't have this DD when I was pregnant so I can't know how you feel. My 3rd one was a "surprise, surprise" but oh, what a blessing he has been. My8 mother was very mad at me =-'Why would you want to go through another C-section ."But she loved him dearly.

God gives us many things to go through in this luife, but he also gives us the power to get through them. You would loved another child. Who knows, maybe God knows best. If he thinks it is right for you, it will be.

God Bless you,

20. momof471

momof471 New Member

my side of the family tends to get bent out of shape, with new additions to my family 3 and 4 you would have thought I'd commited a horrible crime!

I can't imagine what the reaction in the family will be, but they will come around and get over it! If they don't, well, that will be their problem!

I'm thankful we have a supportive church family, I think they will help cushion the pain of some of the reactions I know our family will give.

Your grandbabies are beautiful! That is such a precious age!

God Bless