I'm scared to go see the dr.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monica33flowers, Oct 16, 2008.

1. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

This past Aug. I went to see the dr. and ended up in the ER for a ruptured appendix. They tried doing it laprascopic but my bowels are tacked to the walls of my stomach and they are covered in scar tissue from 3 previous surgeries. So they cut me open and it was the largest incision I've ever had!

Here lies the problem. I have so much pain in my left hip. It doesn't hurt sitting down or laying down just when I walk.

Earlier this week I thought maybe I had a urinary tract infection since I was having problems peeing. I bought Arzo and felt better the next day.

Also a couple of weeks ago I had blood in my stool. I started taking dulcolax and no more problems with that.

Well, feeling well was short lived and now I can hardly walk up 8 stairs.

I know all of you will tell me to see the dr. But I'm scared to death that this may be yet another surgery.

Anyone have anything similar?

Please help.
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Monica I have terrible hip pain.

but being as yours is following surgery sorry yes you do need to see doc.

no injuries? could it be from healing?

hope you find releif maybe no surgery and its buritis
  3. meowee

meowee New Member

Dear Monica,
    I have off and on hip pain and quite often cannot go up or down steps.

I definitely think you should see a doctor about the urinating problem and the blood in your stool.

Don't be afraid that it will be something horrible. It very well may be nothing, but I feel always best to get that checked.

Keep us posted. We all care .
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I know with your experiences you're fearful, but really I think it's better just to take care of it. It may be something simple and getting that confirmation will make you feel better. IF it were something more serious it would definitely be better to take care of it sooner rather than later.