I'm scared

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by street129, Feb 12, 2007.

1. street129

street129 New Member

On 2/21/07 I will be going before the judge to fight for my SSI....please send a praye my way.... thanks.... i've been turned down many times in the past......
    [This Message was Edited on 02/13/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/13/2007]
  2. ETN

ETN New Member

Good luck...how long have you been in the process....?

I go in front of the judge on March 1st and I am ready. It's been a long process. I filed in Aug of 04.

Keep us posted.!!!

Good luck! I will be thinking of you
  3. blkkat

blkkat New Member

hi yes i will pray for you!!! GOD BLESS- BLKKAT
  4. chopindog

chopindog New Member

I just said a prayer for you as I looked at your picture. God vless you and all of us out here who can not work, and are repetedly denied! Its a sick sick system!
    God bless you, Joy
  5. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I only copied one paragraph I think you should give to your attorney.

Hugs good luck.
    Sue

Dr. Ciccolella’s theory was that since a single stress test would probably be insufficient to document disability in a disease characterized by post-exertional fatigue, they would do two, one 24 hours after the other. They found that while the control group did equally well at both tests, the exercise measures (Peak VO2, VO2 max) declined about 25% in CFS patients, far more than in other significant diseases such as COPD and heart failure (8%). This two-day stress test then provides objective evidence of disability in CFS and should provide, if it is accepted, major assistance to CFS patients attempting to get disability. This could be a real breakthrough.

6. springlakeorphan

springlakeorphan New Member

Dear street129....
    Good luck and God bless sweetie! Mary
  7. Rnclegal

Rnclegal New Member

I was lucky and only had to wait 19 months and because CFS/ME is a recognized disability I did not have to appear in front of a judge and I had a great analyst who I made sure I got to know on a personal level and in the end she and her supervisor were fighting for me as well.

If you go through all the anecdotal journal articles on here there are many that address this very issue and make excellent ammunition in your favour. There are also several books on the market that address disability and Fibro/ME. I never trusted my lawyer to do anything for me so I pulled up my own research and made sure that everyone that needed to know had copies. Thats what Im doing now in my fight to get my private pension.....they keep looking at it from an orthopedic angle so I rerouted their gaze to autoimmune and sent several low fog articles for the analyst to read (the person who is making this decision is not a health care professional so I didnt want to send articles to complicated). Im hoping that the information I sent plus a diagram of my subjective symptoms I put together in concert with my Duty Statement and Physical Ability to do my job (which I also gave to my two treating physicians to make their report writing as painless as possible) will speed up the determination process and have the answer in my favor. Now remember this is for my private pension (also happens to be the State of Ca. because I worked for them). If the feds give me disability which they did I dont see why my own private retirement wont but I threw every bit of information I could at them.
    I guess what Im saying in a nutshell is Dont rely on any one but yourself and go armed with information for the judge to review. Highlight what pertains to you symptom wise. Co relate it with your job and also with what you can no longer do for yourself at home and how its affected your private life.

Carolyn
  8. momof471

momof471 New Member

My prayers are with you and that things go well with the judge.
  9. BobinGermany

BobinGermany New Member

Good luck to Street129 and ETN! I will keep you both in my prayers that your day in court goes well and that you both get an approval!!!!

God Bless