I'm seeing lots of names today, but few responses to Oprah Poll !

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RedB, Feb 1, 2003.

1. RedB

RedB New Member

There seems to be a lot of people visiting here today, but not many have responded to Mervi's poll about e-mails to Oprah? Are we sending them???
  2. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

I guess not. I tried to bump up Merv's message just a few minutes ago...
  3. RedB

RedB New Member

Where are all the dozens of people who thought this was such a good idea just a few days ago, do you think? And here I thought Oprah would receive hundreds of messages. It doesn't look like it's going to happen.
  4. karen55

karen55 New Member

I sent mine this morning.

Karen
  5. susabar

susabar New Member

I went to oprah.com and put my e-mail under ideas for coming shows. I basically said, while it was a relief finding a name for all of my mysterious symptoms ( Fibromyalgia ) and I was one of lucky ones who got diagnosed quickly, The ignorance, prejudgice and discrimination was almost as bad as the disease !!! We need National Awareness... Please Help !!
    Love Sue
  6. RedB

RedB New Member

7. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I got my email in to Oprah!! I hope it helps us.
  8. ozgran

ozgran New Member

Hi RedB. Tried and tried yesterday from here in "Oz" but the site would just not accept any message. I will try again shortly even tho it is not Feb 1st. Wanted to be part of this because I don't live in th USA and to add to the International push. Hope I can get through this time. Love Ozgran.
  9. PEACH

PEACH New Member

hello I am just wondering why you want everone to write to Oprah? I have written to her before and all I got was a response that they recieved my message and I have never heard anything more about it.
    I don' think that these messages will do much good. I have also written to Dr.Phil too and same thing nothing so please tell me what this will do!!
    Sincerely Peach
  10. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

I'm not real fond of that woman. Every time she has a show on something like this she cuts people off, goes to commercial 15 times a show and they always get off on a tangent that is meaningless. For instance: She has had more then one show on Panic Disorder and anxiety. The basics were covered, they focused mainly on the Agoraphobic part. The behavoral aspects of being afraid of fricking elevators.
    There are thousands of people with Panic disorder that aren't phobic about anything!
    She'll do the same with Fibro. She'll get some numb-skull debunker type on there that will say it's all psychological, give him/her 9/10ths of the talking time, and no one will address the real issues. The people WITH the Fibro will be made to look like kooks. I guarantee it! Hypochondriacs, all.
  11. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

I feel we should be sending to both Oprah and Montel. I don't see his show that much but seems like he does more on diseases since he has MS himself. I remember a few years ago he was on some show, not sure if it was his own but was talking about how he built up his stretch with certain exercises that helped him go into remission. Does anyone know the status on his condition or heard if he for sure has it?

He may be more open to doing a show for us or even being a guest on Oprah discussing it. I believe that Oprah would only do a show on FM/CFS if there was a star that has it or something similar. Has anyone else emailed him or her with this idea?

I think we should continue to send them - keep a copy of yours handy, maybe change the intro somewhat each day and send it again. Even if nothing comes out of this...at least we tried!!
  12. Rene

Rene New Member

I love Oprah but I don't want her to do a show on CFS and I don't think she will and that goes for Dr Phil too. I have a feeling the show will due more harm by making it seem that it is all in your head then we'll really get it from friends family everyone. Montel I think would be the best cause he went to dr after dr after dr and had them disagreeing with eachother right in front of him and Montel did a really good job with the MS show. Some of the people were told it was all in there head and Montel gets very angry at Doctors.
    Rene
  13. PEACH

PEACH New Member

HELLO RENE': I DO THINK THAT YOU ARE RIGHT THAT MONTEL WOULD DO A BETTER JUSTICE TO US ALL THEN WOULD OPRAH. SHE DOES WONDERFUL WORKS BUT I DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO GET THE WRONG IDEA. WE HAVE ENOUGH PROBLEMS WITH DOCTORS AND FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO DEAL WITH THEN WATCH A PROGRAM WORLD WIDE THA MAJES US LOOK LIKE WE ARE ALL OT THERE IN THE O-ZPNES.
    SINCERELY PEACH
  14. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Oprah and got a reply saying that not all letters will get a response from her and to check the site for my letter and/or info on this topic. Routine stuff and I've written her before without any results.
    Kady
  15. ejay

ejay New Member

ejay did today.