I'M SICK OF THIS CRAP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Amslave, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Amslave

Amslave New Member

I'm new to the boards and I feel better and not so alone when I read messagages from others, but I'm still sick of all this crap. I resent people that can move around easily, I resent the people that can sleep, the people that don't have a drug store in their house. Are other people having sever memory problems? I can't remeber anything!!! I haven't been able to find my car keys in 4 days. I lose the remote control, forget things in the oven or on the stove... walk into a room and wonder what I was doing. And the weather, I have arthritis down my entire back,hips and shoulders and live in the dampest and coldest place on earth.(it is 30 degrees right now) I'm sick of my body being the best weather man in town. I'm sick of my kids and husband being unable to give me a real hug because they will hurt me. I'm sick of grocery shopping exhasting me. I use to juggle a full-time job, 3 kids and my house, now I have forgotten the way home(only once!! HA!HA!) Thanks for letting me whine atleast I know I'm not alone anymore. Jen
  2. lease79

lease79 New Member

Sadly your symptoms sound pretty common for CFS/FMS :(
    ~*Welcome*~ to the boards.
    I am sure that you will find a wealth of information here & some pretty wonderful/informative people ;)

Lisa

(P.S.) Just a heads up, but you may want to change the heading of your post, as they're pretty strict about profanities ;))
  3. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Sorry you have to be here with us, but glad you found your way...

Very helpful group of people here who truly understand and care...

I agree with Wendy...Smash some plates!!! I drop them all day long all by my stupid self (Maybe it would feel better if I did it on purpose,tehe)

We are all fed up with this nonsense so we come here and vent (sometimes) but mostly we share what helps and what may not...I have found more info on here than any doc has given me in the past 13 years...So read on for a plethera of info that may help you along...

We just started a thread called 'lose the flubber', for those of us who have gained some while battling these dd's (darn diseases)...There are many of us suffering the same so climb aboard and get the support you deserve...

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia

PS...If you would like, fill out your bio so we can get to know you and you can view others by clicking on their username to the left of the post...Never mind, I see you did...tehe...A BIG Hello from a former NYer (long island)!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/07/2006]
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

You sound like one of us.

Jen, I knew I liked you the minute you said you muddle in your kids' lives. I also attempt it.

Gentle hugs,
    Marta

5. dononagin

dononagin New Member

My, isn't life grand!! lol! Just kidding.. I know Jen.. this is a rotten hand to be dealt!

Don't feel alone.. I've got lost going to work.. ( I was an hour late! )
    I lied and said my car wouldn't start and I had to get a jump. No way was I gonna tell them I was driving around crying and lost on farm roads! I'm amazed sometimes I still have a licence!

I've got lost going home, more than once. Sometimes I just drive right by my house and forget to stop! You are truly not alone!

It's tough sometimes. And the constant pain and frustration is very wearing on your emotions after awhile.

But please know that you are totally not alone, we are here and we understand. Kind a like having a 24 hour a day family!

As far as the resentments.. I miss me too..

Hang tough and stick around...

hugs,
    Dona

6. marsupialmama

marsupialmama New Member

... but I know just how it feels!!

Others are right about channeling the anger, I tend to be very negative and have been consciously fighting it because it makes a difference.

I have the memory problems too, I am so absent minded i should be a professor! It helps to have *ONE* place for keys, purse, whatever. (I;m still working on that one...) And I write everyhting down, especially shopping lists. And if there is so much to do that i feel ovewhelmed, I break down the tasks, write them down, then cross them off as i accomplish them.

Divide and conquer!
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Oh, Jen. If I could only tell you how often I was in that place. It took me years to find the right doctors. I would probably be dead without them.

I could not walk, I hurt like heck and felt that there was nowhere to turn.

I decided to be very proactive and hunted down doctors.

Yes, it can be done.

You have juggled kids, a job and all the things 'normals' do. Now it is time to change: just like life.

Whatever you do: never give up. If you do not take care of it, it will take care of you in a horrible way.

Yes, you did it all and can be very, very proud of it.
    And you should. You did a good job. Now, take action for yourself. You deserve it after all the years you put in.

And remember: rest, rest, rest. it heals the body.

I am rooting for you!

nyrofan
  8. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...I've had FM for about 7 years, I think.

Now I have Leukemia, too, and I could easily be sick and tired of people who get to hear the words, "...we caught it early, so your odds are great!" or "...you're lucky, this type of cancer has an very good success rate!"

I had to give up feeling resentful about all that, it took up too much energy, turned out I needed that energy to fight this new disease.

This board is great, though, and maybe you'll find some new ideas or information here that will give you some relief---people here have lots of valuable experience, and often fresh thoughts, on dealing with FM/CFS.

Hugs,
    Pam

9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

to the board. Lots of nice people here who can share your feelings, provide info, exchange jokes or recipes, etc.

Memory is a big problem for those of us w/ brain fog. Some of the stories are both funny and sad. Like the folks who keep trying to change channels by pushing buttons on their phone.

You can find info on various topics in the library above (in purple). Also see the rules in the right upper corner.

10. Empower

Empower New Member

I feel the same way - just thinking the same thoughts today

Everyone has their cross to bear, and ours is just particularly heavy!
  11. Chelz

Chelz New Member

We understand, we are ALL sick of this condition, illness, syndrome, whatever they want to call it. I too, have lost my glasses, car keys, etc.

I don't know how many times I will look for a pen to write with and I'm holding it in my hand. My memory and sense of organization is lost a lot of the time.

When I get home from my part time job, I wonder how I'm going to make ends meet without the help of my elderly parents who graciously let me still live at home. Haven't dated in a long time because of FMS, myofasial pain, headaches, TMJ.

Me bedroom closet looks like a health food store, with bottles of supplements, weird creams and lotions, liquid pain killers, etc. I do not have any drugs in there because I basically had to give up the drugs because they were causing way too many side effects and I would miss work because drug side effects like dizziness, sleepiness and stuff like that.

I do not have any children, thank goodness, I couldn't handle them. But, at times am jealous of people who are healthy enough to raise them.

I hope this post doesn't bring you down, just wanted you to know we ALL feel this way from time to time. Some of us more than others, and that's perfectly okay. No anawers for you Jen, just support. Hugs to you, Chelz.
  12. TLI

TLI New Member

I am praying for you. Hang in there. ~Teddi
  13. Amslave

Amslave New Member

Thanks for letting me whine this morning. I am very angery still..Maybe part of me always will be. But nomally I stay positive andfigue that if it doesn't get done today it will be there tom. I 'm dreaeding witner sports season my 16 year old is a hockey player(a goalie) I'm sure I don't own enough clothes to stay warm this year and my 13 year old daughter is a member of the Rifle Team( long drives) So I was in the dumps (my house looked like a cyclone had gone thru it and that always grts me worked up. Does anyone out there have problems with getting their kids to understand, not my 3 year old, but my older kids just don't seem to think anything is different, Other than I have the time to know what is going on with them ALL the time. Jen
  14. SleepieOsteen

SleepieOsteen New Member

Amslave

I agree with you 100%. I have a lot of trouble memory, I used to be really smart, and I got lost in my own town. Truth husband talked me home.
  15. SleepieOsteen

SleepieOsteen New Member

Amslave
    Unsure if previous post went through.

Amslave
    I am new to boards also.

I don't feel so alone anymore either. First time in months that I haven't felt alone.

I to am sick of looks people give you, comments made, (not real, get more sleep),& how people treat you.

Cure for exhaustion: One day order grocerys online. Mail at your door, & people to understand how it feels not to be able to do the things we used to.

Debi
  16. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Just wondering. Your condition is sensitive to the cold weather. Do you think it would ever be possible to relocate to a warmer climate.

If it helped you to hurt less and improved your quality of life, maybe it could happen. I live in Los Angeles and I know if I had to live in a cold climate again it would be unbearable.

I don't blame you for being sick of "being sick". I get that way also,very discouraging.

I am tired of waking up sick every day. My lifesaver is my husband. Whenever I tell him how I feel, he seems to know what to say to help.

Hopefully medical research will find ways to help our conditions in the near future. I try to get my mind on anything except myself, especially when I am feeling bad.

I am sure you do the same, its the only way we survive. The only thing I felt after reading your post is you might be able to get to a warmer climate.

I know it is hard to move but sometimes it does help.
  17. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

I think you are brave for admitting/expressing how you feel resentful. That is not an easy thing to say out loud (type in this case.)I too have felt that way sometimes. It sorta leans toward the emotional spectrum of jealousy and it is very easy to judge others when they feel this way. Of course, you are not stuck in this negative thinking...which is yet another reason why we benfit from the venting we get on this board. I am sure your health will improve and your DD will be more managed in the future. Take care!!
  18. We are all sick of this dd. I hate it everyday, but you have to learn to deal with it to an extent, not much choice. I wish everyday I would wake up and it would be gone, what would it be like to wake up NORMAL!
    Welcome by the way to this board.