Im so confused about DX?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gottalottalove, Apr 29, 2003.

1. gottalottalove

gottalottalove New Member

DX/FM, thyroid normal, perimenopause at 37? are they intertwined? My period has been short but heavy for 10 years and now I just spotted for a week? I cant afford to go to another doctor for more tests its just rediculous and I get so frustrated! Thanks for your support Tina
    Ps Fibro runs in our family for years and now my 11 year old son is showing signs. He's very active and has problems with migraines ( I did too at his age ) and neck and shoulder pain Etc. very scary.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Often starts in the mid-30's. Bleeding may actually increase, decrease, or become irregular. I think whenever our hormones are in a period of flux, it stirs up our FMS symptoms. I am very sorry to hear you son has this too. Is there a good doc to help him? Children do much better if treated early on.

Love, Mikie
  3. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Sorry to hear about your DX, but glad you found us.
    I quite worrying about my periods---they are nuts, and if I concentrate on them it makes me nuttier, lol. I sure know when I am having one its the pits as far as the FM and CFS goes.

There is a good site I would like to recommend for kids and teens with FM. We are not allowed to type the address here, but I can tell you how to get to it.
    Go to Yahoo's homepage. In the search box at the top type in "Pediatric Network Fibromyalgia", and hit search. On the next page that opens, voila, it will be at the top of the list.

Nice to meet you, and hope to hear more from you.
    LL