I'm so confused!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tannat, Apr 26, 2003.

1. tannat

tannat New Member

I posted this morning, and then did some research. I am just becoming more confused! With a symptom list a mile long, do any of you worry that something else serious may be going on and you just put it down as 'another' FM/CFS symptom?

I see so much about vitamins, diets, etc how do you know what is what???

I am just so frustrated right now... I know I need to slow down and take care of myself, but with 4 kids still at home, that is just about impossible!!! I feel like my whole world is crashing down on top of me!
  2. bejo

bejo New Member

Yes,it is confusing.It seems to stay confusing,or else my fog is too thick to get past the confusion.LOL I always feel so sorry for anyone who has this with kids to raise.I was lucky,mine were grown before I got it.All I can say is try to take it one day at a time. (((hugs))) bejo
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Calm yourself down, getting frustrated with all that information out there is not going to help you. Plus you will find that everyone seems to have a different theory, its very frustrating. There is no 'silver bullet' for Fibro. Its a lot of trial and error on everyones part. Doctors included.

No one really knows what causes it, so therefore they can't find what cures it. So for the time, we are simply working on what helps us one person at a time to get relief and go on with our lives.

Keep this in mind; STRESS is your worst enemy, and you are stressing yourself right now.
    You need to take one step at a time. You cannot learn nor understand everything about Fibromyalgia all in a day.

Heck, most of these members on this board know more than the doctors do. BUT they took one step at a time to get all the information they now have.

Can you get a book I will recommend to you? It is the most simplest and well written one that I have found yet, and I have 21 books on this illness.

Here it is; 'Fibromyalgia & Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome (A Survival Manual)' by 'Devin Starlanyl'. This doctor has FM, its the same one that Klutzo recommended her website for your husband.

Do not worry about all the little symptoms you might have, if you have a doctor, just call and tell him/her if its something that is worrying you.

One thing we do know about FM, it won't kill you. I have had it for over twenty years now and I raised my three children and kept my grandson till he was 5 years old too.

You need to start with your worst symptoms. Do you sleep well? are you in a lot of Pain? those are the two biggest problems most of us have.

When I solved the sleeping problem, then I solved the pain problem, or some do it the opposite. I needed the sleep, then the pain gradually let up for me.

This is all I will tell you now, you have had enough for one day. Let me know if you can get the book. All major bookstores carry it, and it can also be bought online at the same stores.

YOu take care, and calm down. WE are here, just post when you have a question, want to just talk or vent whatever.

That is what we are here for.

Shalom, Shirl

4. tannat

tannat New Member

thank you both for writing..... and your right, stress always makes it worse, and I know that....but my anxiety levels are real high the last few days (I also have a panic disorder). I am ordering the book, and have been on the drs web site and printed out all the info (I did that last week)

I checked on Drs in this area and found a couple fairly close by. I will see my primary next week and ask for a referral.

I think I need to deal with sleep first. I have been on Seraquil, ambien, and am currently taking..ummm...(fog is getting thick :) Elavil. I am exhausted constantly. Pain is an issue, but I think I could deal with that better if I wasn't so tired all the time. The exhaustion distorts everything!

I need to go to bed now.... hubby says i'ts past my bedtime :) thank you again!

Tanna