I'm so happy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 2BDreamer, Oct 8, 2006.

1. 2BDreamer

2BDreamer New Member

I just wanted to leave a message to you all before I get so busy. You see I have been lurking in the background for a long time and read and read till I found something that worked for me. After I began to feel better, I started dreaming about things I have wanted to do with my life, and my husband thought I should open a quilt store, so I did. I had asked some of you about this a few months ago and it was so wonderful to get all the encouragement.

Anyway I know some will ask what I did, so in a nut shell, I changed my diet to “right 4 your type”, O type, cut the breads and sugar. As I felt better I started to walk more, which both helped me drop a few pounds too. I find when I “cheat” I have pain so that cookie doesn’t look so good anymore. Even when I don’t sleep so well, due to worry about what I’m doing business wise, I still feel good enough to have a good day.

I was never on any kind of drugs but did try all kinds of vitamins and such that worked for others, with not much luck. Have a bucket full and don’t take them anymore.

I’m sure when I get a moment I will lurk here as I know I will miss reading about how all of you are doing. I only joined in a few times but it really feels like a BIG family here. I wish you all the best and hope you all can find something that will help you too. FM and all these DD are not fun, I just can’t be held back any longer, I have a life again.

Dreamer
    May all your Dreams come true!!
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

just remember to rest when you can . And thank God everyday for all you have. Come visit when you can .Create beauty in all that you do . post your talents as offten as you can . Have a wonderful life.
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I am very happy for you! I think this diet is one of the best for 'us'!

Remember and pace yourself! It could make all the difference in the world!

Hugs,

Kim
  4. gypsy101

gypsy101 New Member

So, no bread or sugar of any type? No corn tortillas? How about apples and bananas (that kind of sugar) Please someone elaborate. I need to be clear about the bread and sugar. Just starches and cheap ones at that? Or are potatoes ok?
  5. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Hi I was wondering if you had fibro or CFS?

Thanks Hope
  6. 2BDreamer

2BDreamer New Member

hppeandme
    I have Fibromyalgia

gypsy101
    I started strick like Atkins then added some things back till I figured it out. I eat some fruit now, no bread, or white sugar, no rice, I can do potatoes once in awhile, no tortillas for me. I really like raw almonds now with fruit for lunch. I would go to your library and check out "Eat right 4 your type" and or look for it in a second hand store, which I did. Also a lot of input on this site. I also don't do any of the sweetners and stay away from MSG whenever posible too.
    Hope this helps you.
    Best to you...
    Dreamer
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

to hear the good news. Beautiful quilt in your profile. Good luck w/ your business.
  8. maedaze

maedaze New Member

Please be careful when trying these diets, I too thought eat right for your type was my answer... It said i should stay away from dairy and turn to soy. So I did.... Ended up having a massive allergic reaction to soy!!

It then started a whole chain reaction of allergies and it's only 2yrs later now that I have been able to get back to a semi normal diet, by rotating foods. Oh and keeping well away from soy.... and soy is in just about everything we eat from the supermarket now, even baby food??

So glad this diet has worked for you 2bdreamer and you have got your life back - how wonderful. I still believe oneday it will happen to me too. In fact for all of us.

I just want to caution people to listen to there bodies, if they eat something and don't feel right, take it off the list - even if the book says it's a good food for your type. I don't want to put anyone off trying these diets, just to be carefull and listen to your body first and book second..

Good luck to all who try it and I really hope you get good results.

(My hubby won't let me buy any more diet books after that one, it caused so many problems and I could only eat eggs yoghurt and beef and potatoes with out having to go into emergency for an antihistimine shot. My weight got so low that i was only a week away from having to go into hospital for a nose tube. And then something in my system changed and i started to slowely put on weight and gradually have been able to add other stuff into my diet.

Hubby thought I was going to die, and won't hear of another diet!! But I still read up about them on the internet heheheheh... Well you never know... something out there HAS to work for me.)

Good luck
  9. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Let me just congratulate you on your success. I know the diet doesn't seem to be easy to do but when you would do anything like myself it just seems easy.

My doctor has just recommended that I too get on this same diet. My question is which book did you get on ? Did you get on the regular Eat Right 4 Your Blood Type or did you get on the one that is for fatigue? My only concern about this diet is that I lost so much weight that all of my muscles have wasted. How much weight did you lose?

I guess I can put it on by really working out to build muscle although that seems so farfetched. I know it will happen someday!

Thanks for answering!!!!

Once again congratulations on your new life!!!
    Hope
  10. 2BDreamer

2BDreamer New Member

I really didn't stick to any one diet, I read about what was right in "Right 4 your type" the read some of Atkins, and South Beach as they are all low carb.

I started out a few days with just meat and salads, some cheese to get over the craving for sugars and breads. When I could go without the hunger hitting me so hard I started to add back more veggies and some fruits.

Once in awhile that cookie gets me and I do suffer for a few days or if I go out I something find there is something hidden in foods and have a problem but all in all I have real good days. This is just a reminder to me that I can’t have junk and feel good.

Things I have found I can have some of now are potatoes and winter squash, this helps me round out my meals and makes my husband happy about the meals too. As for weight lost I dropped 10 right away and as I added things back I leveled off there. I find I eat a lot now, but if I wanted to loose more I could by cutting back.

I think that low carb for me is the way to go as it really helps get rid of the craving for the glutens and once over them all seemed easy for me. I was at a party last night and they had shrimp, cheese, wine, fruit (strawberries, grapes, watermelon), I stayed away from the bread and cracker stuff and had a wonderful time, and feel great today. I ran into my old yoga teacher and she said I had a glow of health now as the last time I saw her I was very sick.

I really think the protein would help you with your muscles building back as you do some exercise, do start slow and don’t over do it. I would just walk at first. I can walk 5 miles a day now with no problems and with my job I can stand most of the day now too.

Anyway best to you, I hope you too can find a cure for this DD, as I believe I have found mine.

Dreamer