IM SO SAD MY DOG KILLED BY SCHOOLBUS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LEFTYGG, Jan 21, 2006.

1. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

I WAS TRAVELING TO FFC IN ATLANTA FOR A COUPLE DAYS WHEN MY 36 YR OLD DAUGHTER CALLED SCREAMING. I COULDNT UNDERSTAND HER SO DH ROOK PHONE.

WHILE STANDING AT BUS STOP WITH MY DOG AFTER HER 6YR OLD GOT OFF THE BUS DRIVER TAKES OFF AND ROUNDS CORNER AND RUNS OVER MY 5YR OLD 140LB AMERICAN BULLDOG.

MY DAUGHTER GOES TO HELP HIM AND HE BITES DOWN ON HER HAND BUT RELEASES IMMETIATELY. MY DAUGHTER IS SCREAMING A LIFESQUAD IS CALLED AND SHE WANTS THEM TO TAKE BRUNO TO VET.

ALONG COMES MY SON AND FRIEND A THEY GET HIM ON BOARD AND TO VET.

VET CALLS US FOR CREDIT CARD AND SAYS THEY ARE TREATING BRUNO FOR SHOCK $500 MIN THEN NEXT DAY THE VET CALLS AND SAID HIS INTESTINES ARE DOWN DETATCHED AND SURGERY $3000 TO $4000 AND NOT SURE HE WILL BE ABLE TO WALK.

THIS DOG WEIGHES 149LBS EVERYONE LOVED HIM VERY MUCH BUT WE COULDNT SPEND 4000 ON A DOG THAT PROBABLY WOULDNT MAKE IT.

I KEEP CRYING WHEN I THINK OF HIS SWEET FACE I LOVED THAT DOG HIS BED IS A CHAISE LOUNGE IN MY ROOM.

MY 30YR OLD SON IS BREAKING DOWN IN VETS SAYING YOUR MY BUDDY ARENT YOU BRUNO.

THEY BROUGHT HIM HOME AND BURIED HIM.

2 QUESTIONS I HAVE
    1. HOW CANT YOU SEE A 140LB DOG HE WAS JUST STANDING THERE

2 AND WHY DID VET GIVE HEARTWORM SHOT AND RABIES SHOT TO A DYING DOG

THAT ADDED $130 TO BILL OFF $900

NOT ONLY DID I LOSE MY BEST DOG I FEEL RAPED BY THE VET

AM I OUT OF LINE OR JUSTIFIABLY ANGRY.

2. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

THE DRIVER STOPPED WHEN SHE HEARD MY DAUGHTER SCREAMING.

SHE SAID SHE DIDNT KNOW SHE HAD HIT ANYTHING. HE HAD TIRE TRACKS ACROSS HIS BODY.

I REALLY LOVED THAT BIG LUG. HE WAS SO HAPPY AND LOVED THE KIDS THEY WOULD SIT ON HIM LOVING HIM

DH IS CALLING VET MONDAY TY NEEDED TO CRY TO OTHER ANIMAL LOVERS
  3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

about the loss of your dog. I know they are just like a part of our family.

I agree that the vet was wrong in givng the shots to your dog at this time.
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i'm sure it was an accident...idon't know what the laws are in your state and county,but in my county in california we have a leash law...or must be kept in a fenced in area.....

it is for everyone's safety...i owned two rottweiler's and i know how they are like your own baby...

try to forgive the bus driver in time...i'm sure it was not intentional and i am sure they feel sick about it to...i don't know the circumstances but maybe the dog ran out behind the front of the bus...dogs are quick...

i don't know if it is standard procedure to give those shots, maybe since he bit your daughter they have to do that in those situations...

if you have the energy call your local spca or humane society they may be able to give you the answers or where to look for them...

i think ;you are in the greiving process so anger is part of it so do what is best for you! in time you will have more control over your emotions...it's ok....

sorry again for your family's loss...

hugs to you

jodie
  5. petsrme

petsrme Member

I am so sorry that this happened to you. I adore my pets and have lost many over the years. It hurts so bad. I don't blame you for not doing the surgery. That is a lot of money to pay when they made it sound like he might not survive anyway. I also don't blame you for being upset about the shots. I find it deplorable that they gave him shots while he was so injured and sick. First of all, my vet doesn't like to give any shots when my pets are in bad health. They wait until they are feeling better to give rabies shots. Also to give shots to a dog that is probably dying seems like a way to get extra money. I would be very upset too.

I hope your heart begins to heal soon. You will never forget, but the pain will get easier to deal with. You will be in my thoughts.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Go out to you and your family. It is so hard to lose a pet.

Love, Mikie
  7. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

im so sorry this is just awful.
    i would report the driver on the grounds of that could have been anyone or anything and there should be an investigation.

there will be a governing body or ombudsman to approach about the vet,make copies of all paper work and bills and write to the governing body and he too will be investigated, before you write off though approach the vet yourself to get that taken off the bill (make a note of it and what was said)
  8. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

I am so sorry for your loss we lost our dear dog boxing day and I still cry every day I miss her so much we have been lucky to have them to love I do not know what to do about your vet things are different there I am in Australia and nothing is done without consultaing us first.
    Linda
  9. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m so sorry you lost your beloved Bruno. It is heartbreaking to lose a pet. I believe pets go to an afterlife just like people. He`ll be the first to meet you there someday. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Sandy
  10. kch64

kch64 New Member

You not know you hit a 150 pound animal or a person for that matter?

I think that driver should be tested for drugs and alcohol. What if she had hit your daughter or your grandchild? Would she have stopped?

I'm very sorry. Its hard losing a member of your family like that.

Hugs,
    Kendra
  11. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

First I just want to say how sorry I am that this happened!!! I know you are really hurting and it is just tragic!

Second your vet was wrong to give your dog the shots that he did. I too would demand that refund or it be taken off the bill. Sometimes vets can't refund and have to give you a credit or will just try to only give you a credit but try to get your money back.

Third this SAME thing JUST happened to my neighbor! It was about a week or two before Christmas and her husband was out front with their two Collies.

The driver of the bus that comes down our street literally flies by, we have ALWAYS thought this.

Anyway, the man turned to start his car (going to work) and heard this big yelp and as their was one of his collies lying in the road.

It happened in just a split second. One minute the dog was next to him and the next it had been run over.

The bus driver wasn't going to stop but the guy ran her down. She didn't even know she had hit the dog. She said she thought she hit something but wasn't sure.

The man was furious wanting to know why she didn't see his dog and her response was that she wasn't even looking at the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe that!!!! She actually admitted that she wasn't looking at the road when it happened. She was watching the kids in the back.

I guess her reasoning was that it was a secluded street with no more children to pick up so she thought she didn't have to pay as close attention.

I just couldn't believe that when they told me this. I mean what if a toddler ran out in the road for a split second? Awful, just plain awful!

Anyway, their vet tried to save the collie but there was too much internal damage.

You NEED to report this bus driver whether there is a leash law or not! It needs to be on their record.

I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as I know this is a difficult time for you!

(((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

kate
  12. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

I NEEDED ALL YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS. YES TRHERE IS A LEASE LAW. HE DOES WALK UP DRIVE TO BUS WE LIVE ON 6 ACRES AND HES NEVER ON A LEASE. I KNOW IT WAS AN ACCIDENT BUT I QUESTION HOW SHE DID SEE A DOG THAT BIG. WE HAVE CALLED BUS GARAGE BUT YOU KNOW HOW THAT GOES ,

WE ARE CALLING VET MONDAY SO ILL SEE HOW THAT GOES. THEY SENT A PLASTER FOOTPRINT OF BRUNO AS A KEEPSAKE BUT THAT ISNT PACIFYING ME TOWARDS THEM
  13. russiankids3

russiankids3 New Member

So sorry to hear of the loss of your dear friend, Bruno.
    It is so hard to lose a beloved pet, and the way you lost Bruno makes it even worse to bear.

This bus driver needs to be reported to the school district. Why did he/she not see Bruno? This could have been a child!

I have lost many pets in my lifetime and know the grief you must feel. Remember, Bruno will always be with you in your heart and spirit.

Take care and God bless.
    Sue
  14. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I'm really sorry for your dog, I really am.

We have a house call vet who comes to give our inside only cat her shots and checks her out. It really isn't expensive and it works out well for us and for her.

The vet doesn't sound like he is a really nice guy to me to know your dog was dying and yet give treatment that wasn't indicated. You need to ask the vet those questions. I know that I would.

We have one gerbil, two cats and a ferret buried around our yard. The cats are under the deck. I have no idea where the gerbil is now, and the ferret is buried in the catnip bed.

Losing pets is so heartbreaking. You do have my sympathy and prayers for your family to get through this.

Hugs,
    Faye
  15. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I lost both my dogs last year and am still crying for them. Also school bus a few years back did the same thing with my cat. My feeling was that the cat could have been a child so recklessly was the driver steering and taking off so fast. Seems similar in your case plus that vet.....!!!!! God Bless you and your dog angel who will surely be watching down on you.
    Love Anne
  16. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Losing a pet is so hard! I am so sorry.

I also would find a new vet after I get a refund for the unnecessary heartworm, etc. That is just unspeakable greed.

Sue
  17. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I'm so sorry for your loss.
    I would say you are justifiably angry.
    Take care of yourself and I'm glad your husband is talking to the vet about the way things were done.
    Dee50
  18. kbak

kbak Member

That is sooooo alful! What at terribly hard thing to go through. I am so sorry for the loss of your dog, and the trama to your 6 yr. old. Your poor daughter. I pray she will be ok.

K.
  19. GBHope

GBHope New Member

That's horrible and yes, that vet shouldn't have worried about those shots at a time like that. I remember back in August of 1998 I moved into the house I'm in now and my cat couldn't take the move and had to put him to sleep. I was heartbroken. I still miss him. You take care of yourself.

GBHope