I'm so tired of being ill...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimelia, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Hi y'all. I know I don't post often. I've just been trying to keep my head above water. I don't have internet at home now which is why I don't really get on here much. I was in the hopsital for 2 weeks in october. It was horrible. I think doctors are demons in white coats, sorry but that's my theory after that experience. They put me on midodrine and norpace for my heart condition and practically kicked me out the door though I was still having problems. Trust me, I was more then ready to go home but the way they treated me was just pathetic. A friend of mine had to come to the hospital and practically yell at them to give me some information on why I might still be having problems.

I feel like a baby but I"m just tired of this sh*t. My ex is such an *sshole that he never let my child call me even while I was sick in the hospital. He's totally taken advantage of my situation and is trying to shut me out of my baby's life. I try not to hate people but boy is he making it hard. HE wants me to be bitter like he is. All the while yes it is excruciatingly painful but my son is the one who is suffering the most.

I really don't know what I"m going to do or whta is going to happen to me in the near future. My small hope is that my writing goes places and I become an accepted author soon. Otherwise I maybe in trouble. I believe I have talent. It's just figuring out where to send my work and what I need to do. What I want to write about as far as a long term project. I'm rambling, sorry. Just so tired and can't think at the moment. Just need to vent I suppose.

Sorry to be so depressing, blah.
  2. brooke45

brooke45 New Member

I do know what u mean I finally found a doctor after the past year of being in intense pain and tired all the times plus other things to actually say Yes I think you have fibromyalgia. No one else believes in it and refuses to treat it here. WV.
  3. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I hope that you don't mind me saying this but things do get better.Life tends to run in circles.My prayers are with you .linda
  4. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

What sort of writing do you do? What kind of publication are you going for? Do you have knowledge about certain subjects, or are you talking about fiction? I know a little about this, so I am interested.

Jana
  5. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I just read your post from yesterday. I see in your profile you live in Georgia. I live about 1 hour northeast of Atlanta.

Have you considered going to the FFC in Atlanta? It may save you years and years of frustration with doctors (talking from experience here.) I too struggled with heart issues and doctors more or less laughed at me and said I was too young to be having them (I was in my 20's and 30's then.)

I met one lady at the FFC the other day who had flown in from the Caymen Islands so I guess my 1 hour drive isn't bad!

I hate to see you suffering so at your young age. I just hope and pray you find the help you need.

Sandy
  6. Bambi

Bambi New Member

and she told me the number ONE thing a writer must have is an agent. And a good one. It's very very hard to find one that's well known that will take the time to read an unpublished work, but perserverance sometimes pays off.
    There are lists of them at the library if you get the right books. Even the Writer's Handbook may have some leads.
  7. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Thanks for all the encouragement.

I sent a poem into poetry.com and was picked to be published out of 1,000's. I'm not sure if they are legitimate or not.. Would any of you know?

For those of you who inquired I write poetry and am working on a devotional fictional type book, sort of like hinds feet on high places for those who might have read that. I'm close to 100 pages in this book.

I just finished a childrens book though I"m sure it needs editing. I think it has a lot of potential and would love to see a series come out of this.

I would like to write a novel or perhaps a movie. I've never gotten very far with a book like that but I really keep feeling inspired to start one. i'm always thinking, oh that would be good in my book.

I'm thinking maybe I should research and write for magazines, perhaps short stories or poems..

Writing comes more natural to me then anything else it's just figuring out what to do with it, what might be of interest to the public and as someone stated, getting an agent. I think I have an editor, if I'm interested in using him. I do notthink he has had much experience though.

Ok, I have to get going. Thanks again for all your input :)
    Have a great day. Will check back in later.
  8. Bambi

Bambi New Member

you won the contest is for real, they will not ask you to pay to put your poem in a book or to buy the book they put it in or anything like that.
    I don't know which place I submitted a poem to a few years ago but it was "accepted" and "won" out of thousands. Uh huh. Well I got a print out of my poem back with a request for a fee for the "book" it was going to be published in. So I knew right then. There is a good site for potential writers and they have courses on all sorts of things. I think it's something with 101 in the title. If I can find it I'll post it.
    The brain is running on low gear this
    day. Don't give up whatever happens.
    Ah, it's suite 101 with the usual stuff after it.[This Message was Edited on 11/28/2005]
  9. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Hi honey, sorry you are going through such a rough spell.

I find "blah" to be the perfect word lately... for just about everything. I'm tired of it too. I thought having 4 days off from work would help, then again, why should it help when 10 months off didn't.

I will keep you in my thoughts and my prayers.Don't give up on doing what you think you do best. Don't let this stupid disease take that away from you.

Hugs,
    Tigger
  10. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

You can't imagine how many times I say how sick I am of being sick!!! I wish my husband would read some of these posts, then maybe he would understand that this is a REAL illness and not in our heads!!

Jennifer