I'm so tired of new symptoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, May 11, 2006.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

Every once in a while, I get frustrated. Lately, more often than not. Every day it seems like a new symptom pops up. The last couple days it's been feeling lightheaded and dizzy whenever I stand up...I'm sure it's orthostatic hypotension. However, I'm eating and drinking the same as normal, nothing in my life as changed whatsoever. And now all of a sudden this? It's to the point it takes me a couple minutes of leaning against a wall or the refrigerator or whatever is close enough, just to make sure I do fall down.

Then, on top of that, there's the whole bowel movement problem I've been having. The thing that bothers me the most about new symptoms is the fact that I cannot afford to run to the doctor every time something freakish like this happens. So, how do I determine whether it's serious enough that it warrants further investigation, or if it's just another symptom of CFIDS. I mean, I know IBS can be associated with FMS and CFIDS, so maybe that's the cause of my stomach problems. And I think orthostatic hypotension can be a problem with CFIDS, but then again, who really knows?

Okay, I'm rambling. I tend to do that when I'm frustrated. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow anyway about my thyroid. I have a nodule which he wants to biopsy, however, I've had it since I was a teenager and it's still the same size as it was then. It's considered small enough that it's most likely benign, but my mother had thyroid cancer a few years ago, so I'm sure I'm at an increased risk. While I'm there, I figure I might as well have him write me a script for thyroid bloodwork. Wouldn't it be great if my thyroid was completely out of whack, and that was the cause of all of my problems? Dude, I'd be jumping for joy..and of course taking meds ASAP! lol. I'll also make sure to mention my list of new symptoms to him.

Thanks for listening. Gentle healing hugs to all.

Kim
  2. Musica

Musica New Member

I'm afraid of sounding like a hypochondriac to the docs, and I know I tend to overworry, but how DO you know when things need attention when there are so many related problems? And how do the docs decide when a symptom might be something serious instead of just lumping everything together?

It seems never ending, doesn't it, Kim? My pain level is down with the warmer weather, but I feel like I have more symptoms.

I think I read where there are over 60 symptoms or conditions that are linked with FM.
  3. tamgreen75

tamgreen75 New Member

Have your Adrenal Glands checked.It goes with fibro.Plus it has the systoms of fibro.My doctor gave me medicine and it has helped.Good Luck.
  4. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

I know exactly how you feel. In the last few months my CFS has gottn so much worse, and I now a whole lot of new symptoms that I expericne every day, including

- Low BP / othstatic intolerance (are you taking salt?)
    - Numbness
    - Shaky, out of breath
    - irregular fast heart beat
    - muscle twitches, shakes etc

I've had CFS for 2 1/2 years, but never so bad.

My doctor has referred to a neurologist to be safe, but she thinks all the sumptoms are from CFS. It seems that because every major system is affected, symptoms can come from pretty much anywhere.

I really know how horrilbe and scary it is to be getting new symptoms. Have you beeen to a neurologist just to be safe? Scuse my typing, my fingers are not working right today.

Take care
    Michelle
  5. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I truly appreciate all of your responses. I'm not quite sure what to think of all of these new symptoms. My CFS has just been worse overall. I've been running more low-grade fevers. The other night it was 99.4, and last night it was 99.2. Of course, for any normal person, a temperature like that would be nothing. However, I just get so achey and feverish...ugh, it's awful.

I've seen a neurologist in the past. He was unable to find anything, though. I had gone to him because of these intense muscle twitches I get. It looks like popcorn popping under my skin. They get real bad at times, however, they had lessened quite a bit for a while. Anyway, he did an MRI, an EMG, and put me on Topamax. I took the Topamax for a while, and it seemed to alleviate the twitching. However, I'm not one that likes to take meds. I can never remember to take them, or I'm just too darn lazy. So, I stopped taking it.

Anyway, I'm hanging in there. Still getting lightheaded often, heart palpitations, the muscle twitches have been awful, the fevers, fatigue, aches and pain, and now a new pain in my right side. Yuck. But, I'm looking forward to this summer with my son.

Gentle healing hugs to all,
    Kim
  6. berrytired

berrytired New Member

The dizzy and brain frog was my first symptoms.
  7. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

It makes you feel like you are a hypochondriac. I know my family/friends probably think I am. And, yes, it does get expensive running to the doctor with everything. But these symptoms are real and not our imagination, and we need help. You can always call your doctor first before making an appointment and see what he/she says. I hope you feel better.
  8. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I went through a period where I would get light headed EVERY afternoon for 3 weeks and finally made a doctors appt.

Someone here mentioned sinus congestion can give you dizziness and chronic sinus problems are part of FM so I went home and did the saline spray thing and BINGO! my dizziness disappeared!

So I cancelled the doc. Who can afford the co-pay or worse over and over again?

Sonya
  9. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

kim,
    Im in the same boat as you i to have new symptoms so i can empathise with you.
    Mine started a couple of weeks ago & my body just couldnt cope with the extra pain i just snapped.
    I went to see my doctor & he said i either have tendon damage or arthritis.
    He sent me for an x-ray & prescribed 500mg paracetemol 8 a day.
    I went for my x-ray i have to wait 3 weeks for the results.
    1 week has passed so i now wait 2 weeks.
    Im so sorry to hear about your problems im here for you whenever ok youve got a true friend.
    May god bless you & yours.
    Fibrolady37.