im sooo sick and tired of being sick and tired

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deblin, Sep 4, 2006.

1. deblin

deblin New Member

my fatigue is so draining. Can anyone help me ??
    Im 29 years old and feel like im 60!
    i think i have both cfs and fm. I believe the cfs came first.
    I have mentioned my symptoms to doctors however they want to put me on medicines which i dont want
  2. wordbyrd

wordbyrd New Member

I'm sorry you're feeling so lousy. What types of medications does your doctor want to prescribe?

There is a lot of very good information and support to be found here at this forum.

Hope you'll be able to find the treatment you need to start feeling better soon.

--wordbyrd
  3. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi Deblin -
    I just wanted to let you know that so many of us UNDERSTAND. TRULY. I've made major progress in the past 2 years and I'm finally at a point that I feel like an 85-90 year old and I'm excited about feeling that good. Perspective.

You asked can anyone help you. Yes, I believe there are people who are out there who can help. Some people have found a lot of help and healing with traditional meds and I have found it with alternative meds & treatments.

I had been getting progressively worse when I was seeing allopathic (traditional) doctors b/c I eventually found out that I had multiple chemical sensitivity so tests and medicines were completely ruining my health.

I think you have to read posts, see a variety of doctors (if they are jerks get a second opinion and always look for health care practioners who care and are "healing" people first), get information, pray for direction, keep notes on your health (what helps & what harms), get counsel from many people, etc.

I was diagnosed with CFS, fibromyalgia, multiple chemical sensitivity and autonomic nervous system dysfunction. It's been a long journey but I've made major progress in the past 2 years. Search for my recent post with "major progress" in the title. Carla-nl has also has much success getting better but she has used more traditional meds.

Whatever you do always go with your gut instinct after you do research and talk to others. Follow a path of peace. And do NOT give up HOPE!

Monkeykat
  4. jenafuzzy

jenafuzzy New Member

You sound so discouraged. I know this is a difficult time for you. I bet you are overwhelmed right now too, especially being so fatiqued and trying to figure all this out.

There is nothing wrong with listening to the doctors, but in the end you have to be in control of your illness. You can always decide what medicines you take and what you don't take. Always check into anything that your doctor recommends before you take it. This message board contains a large amount of info, great people to talk to and using the internet is a great idea to get suggestions about treatments and medicines.

Talk to as many people who have experience with CFS and FM as you can. Stay away, for now, from those people who do not have it. Read all you can about CFS and FM, but don't try to do everything you read at once.

If I have any advice for you that I wish someone had told me it would be for you to stop, take a deep breath and know that things will get better. Be patient and kind with yourself and your body. This will be a learning process for you so take it slow and easy.

And trust yourself. You will know what works for you and what doesn't. Your not crazy and this is not in your head! And all the people on this board are on your side, me included!

Take care and I will be praying for you,

Jen
  5. analyzingyoursoil

analyzingyoursoil New Member

This book and its healing methods have helped me a tremendously with my cfs and fm. It also helps with many different other chronic illnesses.