I'm Soooo PROUD!! My little girl made the ARTISTIC...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by saphire27, Jan 7, 2006.

1. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

She's 6 & her teacher recomended that i apply for her to be in the artistic class. I knew this ever since she was 2 years old though!

I had to go back threw all the artwork she does around the house pick a few out & make a portfolio, & fill out Lots of paperwork.

Well that was before Thanksgiving, and yesterday she came home with the results, yayyyy!
    She made it!!! She will be tought special techniques, mediums etc. Her works will be displayed!! She'llleave her classroom every monday to go to the ARTISTIC classroom.She'll be re-evualuated in 4th grade! This is the first big step!!!!

I felt like i finally EXHALED!!!
    My boys are great sportsplayers, their 5 & 14. My teenager finally started listening to everyone about he'd be great in football, he's huge he's a size 13 mens shoe already! Big VA TECH FAN!!It took his new high school coach to get it in his head though.

My little boy is awesome in baseball, when he was 3 we would throw him the baseball, and a regular size bat, he hit that ball a good distant. My neighbor at that time was a baseball coach, he'd would love to come over all the time and just play ball with him for hours. He tried to get him on the T-ball team, even though he didn't coach that one, but he couldn't ,legally my son had to be the age of 5! Now that he's 5, he shouldn't have to go on the Tball team, he's pass that has been for a long time.He should be able to play little league, we'll see this spring huh?

Well i just felt like bragging! My parents weren't parents like i am, I have talent too, they always said i couldn't make a living at art, etc. I'll never do that to my kids, EVER!!!!!!

LUV,
    ANGEL
  2. lin-z

lin-z New Member

That is so awesome!!! I think our kids can be the one shining light in our otherwise sometime gloomy day and it sounds like you might need sunglasses!!(sorry bad attempt at humor) Anyway good for you sounds like you are doing alot RIGHT!!!!!
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

Congrads on your daughters great abilitys~
    and this big step.
    Encourage her growth in art,.... and she'll go far and do great!!
    My 9 yr old son has great talent in this area too.
    He does go to art club weekly and he's won awards from the local artists Art association.
    When my 9 yr old draws and my 13 yr old draws,..I can't tell who did what!! He's very good!!
    Lets just say he draws waaaay better then me!lol

How proud you sound~ Thanks for sharing your news.
    Hugs
    Tandy
  4. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

MY son (7)just got an award as the most amazing artist at the end of the school year of 2005, so I know the feeling. I will take it easy though, he has talents in a few other things as well, and he looses interest if I "make" him do too much, as did I as a child, so I just let things grow as he gets older instead. Good luck with yor daughter! Take it easy.