I'm soooo tired. trapped in my body. Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by whit283, Sep 29, 2005.

1. whit283

whit283 New Member

I don't know how to keep doing this. once a week I muster up the strengh to go to my boyfriends football games but then I have to pay for it for the rest of the week. Does anyone use anything for fatigue? I am getting desperate. I need some motivation. How do you all keep going every day? I want to quit.
  2. Hinemoa

Hinemoa New Member

but the fatigue is pretty constant. There are times when it lets up enough to let you do more but you MUST pace yourself.

It is difficult to plan very far ahead but if you have something that requires extra effort you need to rest up beforehand and then rest up afterward.

It's not easy, I know and I'm sorry; but you CAN find compensations if you are willing to realize that your life has changed and you will feel happier if your mind-set changes with it.

Some say the 'envelope theory' has helped them. That means to stay within your energy space or envelope and not push out against the flap.

That doesn't work for me. I need to reach out a little more, even if only a little. But I need to be prepared to "pay" later, and rest ahead of time.

You must slow down and rethink your expectations, otherwise you'll just keep pushing against the fatigue and keep crashing. Believe me I know; I've been there.

Search the internet for coping sites; people here are very helpful and have lots of ideas.

Dr. Cheney says that it is because of our extreme fatigue that we are able to live with this illness. We are forced to slow down and rest until our bodies catch up.

I posted a brief message on his findings on this, I'll try and find it and bump it up for you.

Others here have ideas about what to take to help with the fatigue; you could type your question in at the top of the page and hit the search button. I have multiple chemical sensitivities and am very limited as to what I can take.

Beware of caffeine, it will artificially stimulate your body but you will need lots of rest later.

Blessings...don't give up,

Sandra
  3. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Dear Whit283,

I'm sorry you're so discouraged. Maybe you already take vitamins, but I've started on some vitamin powder and a B complex capsule daily that seem to be helping with my energy levels. The formula was made by Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum and is marketed under several different names. A couple of them are End Fatigue and From Fatigued to Fantastic. You can put the powder in a smoothie or just in water.

I'm sure you've talked to your doctor about it. I've seen rare posts where people talk about using Adderal or Ritalin for energy, but don't know anything about that myself.

I wish I could make you better. Please let us know how you're doing. It could also be the change of seasons that's wearing you down so much.

Take care!!

Francie
  4. elsa

elsa New Member

I don't know if you have done this or not, but if you can fix the FM sleep disorder(s) with the proper medication, your days can improve greatly. Less sleepiness and less pain. Not a cure ... just make quality of life better.

Then there are the excessive daytime sleepiness rx'es. Provigil you already know about, but there is also adderall to be considered.

Some supplements help ... but it takes a while for them to get going. Some of them are whole food b-complex, sublingual b-12, a-l-carnitine, ala and d-ribose.

These are some starting points for you. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Elsa
  5. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Dear Whit 283:

You are not going to quit honey because I won't let you. You are a young beautiful person who has an entire life ahead of you. I don't say it is easy to cope with the fatigue but you can do somethings to help yourself. First get yourself on a high dosage of B Complex about 100mcg of each vitiman B, Take Malic Acid about 1,000 mg and Pathonic Acid about 500 mg. All these are for energy.

Also,if you are going to a game with your boyfriend, that day REST, REST, and REST some more. I assume it is on a Saturday night, so take a hot bath before the game and once there I am sure you will want to jump up and down and scream when your team wins. Great, if you can do it, then do it in moderation, but do it because you want to experience the moment.

Once home before going to bed, take a hot shower, take your meds, get in bed and sleep as much as you can. Take it very easy on Sunday and see how you feel on Monday when you go to work or school.

There is no magic bullet for Chronic Fatigue, it comes and goes and it is frustrating, but I want you to know that we are all in this together and at least support, compassion and hugs you will receive from me and the others.

Let us keep the hope alive that there will be a cure for Chronic Fatigue and FM someday soon.

You are in my prayers honey and I hope the small advice that I have given you helps you if anything at least a little.

God Bless.

Tender hugs,
    Francey
    [This Message was Edited on 09/29/2005]
  6. rbecca47

rbecca47 New Member

anymore i can't even seem to do simple household chores.i don't make plans ahead of time. if i am asked to go somewhere with a friend or family. i let them know that it really depends on how i feel that day. i feel like my body has totally stopped,the fatigue is alfull. so here is what i do.on really bad days,i rest and don't do alot. but on good days i over due it, and pay for it. i have to pace myself so i can get everything done in one day. so sorry that you are that tired.And i wish i had a solution for it. but you are not alone,hang in there and just pace yourself,try not to over do it .
  7. ckk

ckk New Member

ok ready for this?......... i am so excited i went to the pharmacy the other day and yet again looked for some vit. or herbs for energy and decided on trying these things, they were expensives but had a few extra dollars and figured why not? it was 2 for $10 so i bought them and they work pretty good. now i live in the poconos so i have no idea if they are everywhere but i bought them at rite aid and they are called HI-ENER-G 200 mg of triple ginseng with green tea. i take 2 in the morning. and they work pretty darn good for me. i am sure even if there is not a rite aid there is something like that were you are and they sell that. please let me know its worth a shot. good luck. ckk
  8. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hi,
    I use COQ10 for energy. I find that it helps a lot. On days when I need an extra burst, I use an essential oil called "En-R-Gee". It really helps, and I find that the backlash of pain after the activity is lessened.

Good luck,don't give up.
    Terry
  9. whit283

whit283 New Member

I now know why I get myself out of bed and come to this board every morning. Just when I have had enough and I want to give up I get the energy to come and vent and ask for help and then I get a blessing....all of your guys replies. Thank you so much for giving me the inspiration to keep on going. I do feel a bit better today so I am going to call my doctor like you all recommended and talk about my options. Your replies made me want to cry and I love you all. Thank you soooooo much and I hope everyone is having a good day. Hugs and kisses!Whitney