I'm sore everywhere:(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shrtcak81, Jan 22, 2007.

1. shrtcak81

shrtcak81 New Member

I'm not sure what set off this flare, but I'm sore everywhere. Has anybody found that they've gotten worse with time? I feel like in the last couple months I've been worse than ever before. I don't know how to relieve the pain. I only take over the counter pain relievers because I'm afraid of stronger pain killers. What helps everyone? I need some sort of relief. Please let me know what works for you. Thanks!

Crystal
  2. shrtcak81

shrtcak81 New Member

I appreciate all that information! Thanks a bunch! I will definitely look into buying a TENS machine. Also, I was thinking about getting trigger point therapy as well.

I've tried a magnesium/calcium supplement and I found it helps a little. A couple months ago I bought a foam mattress topper thinking it would helping with waking up without stiffness, but it hasn't really helped at all. But, I really don't have a problem with sleeping that I know of. I seem to sleep the whole night and sometimes up to 12 hours. It's particularlly bad when I sleep for that long though. But, it never really matters how much sleep I get, I always wake up unfreshed. Isn't stage 4 when you can dream? I dream all the time, so I'm pretty sure it's a deep sleep.

I've tried the menthol rub as well and found that helps a little. The other night I tried the epsom salt bath and didn't find much relief, but that's probably because it wasn't very hot.

Crystal

3. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

Crystal,

I am new too. I would say do not be afraid of pain medication. It has become a dear friend of mine over the years. It has allowed me to continue to work full time, do my housework, cook, play with my puppy & watch my baby niece. You really need to discuss this with a doctor.
    Walking around in pain all the time can cause other issues such as depression. You don't want to add insult to injury.
    Try to keep positive as well. I tried a tens unit & that wasn't for me. You will come to find different things work for different people. A nice hot shower before bed, warm comfy pajamas, a massage & heating mat under my mattress topper..support & encouragement from my husband. A darn good group of doctors that are willing to go the distance with me & not toss me aside like yesterday's trash when they can't pinpoint anything!!

love your new friend,
    Dawn :)
  4. shrtcak81

shrtcak81 New Member

Awww, I appreciate you giving me that comfort. It really helps to know that I'm not the only person who suffers with this condition. I just called in a prescription for Ultram ER and my doctor approved it. So, I'll let you know how that goes. I heard good things about it. Which pain medication do you use?
  5. shrtcak81

shrtcak81 New Member

Thanks for the advice! I've heard some good things about Biofreeze. I think I'll give that a try.