I'm sorry that I haven't introduced myself before...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rockinmama, Nov 27, 2005.

1. rockinmama

rockinmama New Member

I've been here before and then left for awhile. I've been lurking for awhile and replied to a couple of posts.

It's hard for me to open up to people because I get scared if someone knows too much about me. I know that some of you have asked for profiles to be filled out but I don't know if I can do that right now.

I am grateful to have a place like this to go to find out that I'm not losing my mind.

Thank you.
  2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Whatever you reveal, we will always care for you and be here for you through it all. Your privacy is always protected. Good to have you here with us. :)(((((((((hugs!)))))))))
  3. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I'm sorry you feel isolated and that sharing things about yourself is so hard.Sometimes there is so much we are afraid of overwhelming people with our stories.Well no one here will mind.I have spilled my guts,whined,cried and laughed here and no one booted me out.When you are ready to share we are here.I am glad you came back.
    Sheila
  4. Musica

Musica New Member

There is no requirement to fill out a profile or tell us much about yourself. I hope that you can come to feel safe here and share. Sometimes having FM and not having people around us understand can make us close up, plus whatever else has happened in life. It's okay. Everyone needs a place to share about FM and other troubles, and even though you need to have some caution with cyber relations, a good cyber family like the group here can do so much for us.

Welcome, rockinmama!
  5. tigger5

tigger5 New Member

I hear ya. I'm kind of a private person too but finally "took the leap" a few days ago and introduced myself. Everyone seems so kind and it's been so helpful to know that others are going thru what I do.
  6. unbalanced

unbalanced New Member

I just recently found this site, I already feel really comfortable, everyone is understanding, kind & pretty down to earth. I have learned so much already, from this site!! You do not have to reveal yourself to us, use this site for knowledge, venting your anger, asking questions, answering questions, etc. It would be nice to know what state you live in, I think it's so neat how we all are very different but, this one thing (illness) gives us common ground & brings us all together!!