I'm starting B12 shots

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kaymac, Sep 1, 2006.

1. kaymac

kaymac New Member

My hubby went to our doc today for his diabetes ckup and I asked him to ask about me benefiting from b-12 shots since I've read on here it can help with fatigue for some.

Doc agreed and my hubby is happy because he said he gets to give them to me! (Scary?)

How many have success with B-12 shots helping and how often do you take?

kaymac
  2. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

I get a 1 ml injection once a week, atleast I try to get it in once a week. It helps with the fatigue, but for me it really only helps with the fatigue on that day. I haven't noticed any lasting effects from it. However if you know you have a busy day coming up its good to use on that day.

Maybe you will get a longer effect out of it, they are definitly worth a try though.
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I give myself the shots twice a week and I really benefit from this.

Good luck to you
    Kathy
  4. TerryS

TerryS Member

I've had three weekly injections. I felt absolutely no difference even though my B-12 levels were very, very low.

My PCP says he's not giving me anymore 'cause my liver is "full" after three shots and that there's no reason to continue if I haven't noticed a difference.

TERRY
  5. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I am currently taking B12 shots...2 ml's everyother day.

They are helping me alot with the energy...but still have the fatigue though.

Hugs,
    Stephanie
  6. el_cubano

el_cubano New Member

I was taking b12 shots for awhile but since I don't have health insurance it got too expensive. I tried a few different brands of b12 and found one that works pretty good. It is called dicobalene-v and while it does not always work for improving the fatigue, it seems to give me a little more pep in my step and keeps me going throughout the day. hope that helps some. good luck and tell us how things go.

[ advertisement ]