I'm starting NAET on friday!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by foggyfroggy, Feb 14, 2006.

1. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Hi everyone; I am starting NAET on friday. It was really interesting getting the testing - I didn't tell her much about my health and she nailed a lot of things. I am a natural skeptic but it helped a friend of mine hugely with her seasonal allergies so my husband and son who have grass allergies, and I with CFS have decided to try it.
    I'll let you know how it goes!

Gretchen
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Good luck to you with NAET, and I just wanted to comment on two things. First, my NAET doctor, when I told him what a cynic and skeptic I was about all this, said, "GOOD! You're just the kind of patient we love here!!" I, too, had had a lot of previous testing but didn't tell my NAET doctor about ANY of it, and he was dead-on about almost everything.

Secondly, NAET has virtually eliminated my seasonal nasal allergies that occurred every year from about January to June for me, no matter where in the country I've lived. For the first time in my 49 years, I am taking NO prescription or OTC allergy medicine at all---after years of allergy shots, Flonase, Claritin, Zyrtec, Benedryl, various inhalers and nasal sprays, dehumidifiers, and on and on. I literally do not buy kleenex anymore!! My nasal allergies and all the sneezing, congestion, itchy eyes, ears & palate aren't just reduced, they're GONE.

I had always figured, it's all these grasses & trees and environmental stuff, never at all considering that just maybe, it was food allergies. I had very little stomach trouble or diarrhea--things I associated in my mind with food allergies--so I assumed I didn't have any. After doing the first two basics in NAET, eggs & dairy, my nasal allergies disappeared. I think the other things that were treated helped too, like grains, sugar, B Vitamins, etc., but the eggs & dairy were the real keys, I believe.

Just wanted to chime in with my experience with NAET, and how much it helped my seasonal allergies. Don't know how it works, but it does! I hope you have success with it, too, keep us posted with your progress.

Hugs,
    Pam
  3. kch64

kch64 New Member

I'm on my seventh treatement. I was treated for Chlorine last week.

I have many more to go, but I'm sticking with it. Pam and SBilek have been my help.

Type NAET in the search block and you can read the long posts if you like.

Let us know how it helps you.

Kendra
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Your mentioning Chlorine made me think about that one....I haven't been able to go into a pool in decades, because within a few minutes, I can't breathe. It's the closest I come to having asthma, which I normally don't have. My daughter used to swim competitively and I was OK going near outdoor pools, but just being around indoor pools was difficult.

I never considered being treated for chlorine....how does chlorine affect you? What things did you have to avoid in the treatment of it?

Thanks for any info---since I'm in the fine-tuning stage now, I should ask my NAET doc about treating this one, I never thought about it before.

Hugs,
    Pam
  5. kch64

kch64 New Member

I actually made a list of things I thought I might be sensitive too.

Well, she tested me for them and then asked my body what was I the most sensitive too.

It was Chlorine, Fluoride and Quercetin which is a bioflavanoid in many fruits and veggies.

So I told her to treat for the Chlorine first. It was the most unusual clearing treatment I have ever had to this date.

As I lay there holding the jar, about 8 minutes into it, my heart started beating faster and the burning pains I get in my feet flared-up and my face started flushing. I was nervous, but it passed. After the treatement, my face was itching.

Chlorine is used in regular tap water, pools, etc. I have a whole house water filter system that gets rid of chlorine, but if you don't , you would have to use distilled water for washing, drinking, and cooking for the avoidance. You have to remember and not eat at a restaurant, because the water is regular water.

I'm like you. I love to swim, but the smell of chlorine started to make me sick, so I don't go swimming any longer.

Now, if I'm cleared, maybe I can get back to it.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Kendra
  6. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Thanks for your replies - my husband is getting the Chloride one this Friday. I don't know if that's the same as Chlorine, but I do know he has always been really sensitive to swimming pools so we'll see! Our kids are starting some swimming lessons next week so it should be a good test because his eyes have always burned even just walking into the building that the pool is in. I'll keep you posted.

Gretchen
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I think I'll ask about Chlorine on Tuesday when I have my NAET appt.---that is, if I ever finish gluten, LOL!

Hugs,
    Pam
  8. andrea1459

andrea1459 New Member

Can i ask what NAET is?

Andrea
  9. kch64

kch64 New Member

How is everyone's NAET going? I was treated for pollen on Monday. Had to get it in before the pollen season starts here.

I still have many more to go. Just wanted to check-in with you all.

10. kch64

kch64 New Member

Hi Andrea. Sorry for the delay. Go to your search box here on the site and type in NAET. There will be some responses there to tell you what it is.

It's a painless way to rid yourself of allergies. It's an energy medicine like acupuncture, but without needles.

It has helped many here as you will see when you search for the threads.

I have had several treatments, but have several more to go.

Kendra
  11. CinCA

CinCA New Member

I don't know much about it, but I have a friend who found it hugely helped her 3 y.o. daughter, who has severe allergies. Best of luck, and keep us posted as to your findings.

C.