Im such a dip sometimes about insurance-

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bettydroop, Feb 9, 2006.

1. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

and my husbands really mad at me.
    I went to FFC in seattle, they said they didnt take insurance, SOOO I think.... why get a stupid referral if they dont take insurance, Right?? so I think. Well husband says the insurance will pay something, perhaps not ALL bu t with "superbill" for all charges, we send it in and see what they pay. HE asks didnt you get a rererral to go there ANYWAY??? Nope. and now hes pissed. I dont blame him though, but I just didnt KNOW. If they say they dont take insurance then I think thats just it. Period.
    I am an idiot, Now I think of the bloodwork and everything UGHH. I called PCP and they say that they wont back date anything.
    When bloodwork was done, she so nicely said we will send to your insurance - they have done a millon times and I just didnt think about WAIT FIRST UNTILL I GET A REFERRAL_ well it wont matter anyway, I didnt know I would need a referral.

I hate to have to tell him/husband that drs office wont backdate. I dont know what to do.

Does anyone know how much bloodwork comes too?? Esp price in seattle since it probably varies.

Anyone have ANY advise for me?????? Im thankful for anything right about now.
    Karen
  2. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

Oh MANNN I am so scareeddd!!!!!!!!!
  3. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

THANKS SO VERY MUCH!
    WONDERFUL info to give me. I will keep this so I can refer to it when I need to.

One question though. You said that the referral was one thing they didnt ask for... ( yeah go figure) well is your plan (dont know what is called ) the type that you have to go thru PCP for EVERYTHING??? Not self refer to where you wanna go??

4. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

Hi thanks fo rthe tip on the dr.
    I would go if they were closer to me- I had a hard time making it to downtown seattle to see my rhreumy which is only about 20 mins over the bridge from my house.
    Poulsbo would be a LOONG trip plus a ferry ride. I wish I could go and talk to your Dr. she sounds great. Congrats fo r findin her. Good drs are so hard to find!
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

I don't know about everyone else, but, to me, I think it sounds as if all of these FCC centers are a RIP OFF!

To pay $5,000 and $6,000 for lab work????? Is all of this lab work necessary????

They don't accept insurance? Why? Because they are soooooo overpriced?

What do you do--pay the bill yourself, then you turn it in to your own insurance company for reimbursement? I don't understand how their billing works.

Just sounds like they are making hand over fist in money at our expense, and when the patients walk out of there, they probably don't know much more than they would have if they had stayed with their own team of doctors!

Granted now, this is just my own opinion. It may be totalled out of line since I have never been to a FCC center or know much about how they work. If so, I'll take a beating with a wet noodle!

I just think that it APPEARS to me that places like this are helping our medical/insurance costs in this nation to go out of reach for the average citizen!

6. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

Hi. YEah I can see your point somewhat but I have been to countless Dr.s and this was the VERY first time I ever had any explaination of how body systems/ hormones etc,etc work. She was the most intelligent Dr. I have ever met - like I said - I have been to SO many .

My position about this is that I actually KNOW I wouldnt have had the same info if I would have "stayed with my own team of Dr.s" I know that as sure as I am sitting here cause I HAVE BEEN THERE and havent learned didly.
    I guess Ill take that risk even if I have to pay all expenses. IF I get even a portion of my health back, even feel MODERATELY better. I am not asking for the STARS here just something. Something is more than I have had anywhere else. So I will try.

As far as the costs well I paid $800 a MONTH on RXs for over a year, I dont even wanna think what that comes to. Plus $100 to go to my Rhuemy.
    Actually, I Just added it up... oh dear tht comes to almost $10,000 . Not counting Rhuemy visits. He had NO answers jus tmore drugs.

Never had extensive bloodwork done, they dont do it. The blood doesnt lie and I would think ANY DR would have to look at this FIRST! Why? I dont understand. Why wouldnt they look at something so simple as that!? Instead,they chose to GUESS> and this is NO guess. I still am SHOCKED that they dont do this. Its almost like a mechanic looking at a broken car and guesssing what is wrong, put in alternator? NOPE not it. BAttery? Nope. But they dont find it important to look at say what kid of GAS is going into the vehicle. Look at the pump and READ what type of gas to put in but something right in your face and you dont think its important. I am still waiting for someone to explain why bloodwork ISNT important. I know why they DONT do it as far as insurance etc but can anyone said that it isnt important to see what you are lacking in your blood- its right there.
    As far as it being so expensive - I know it is but they dont want to go by some idiot in the back ( ins co.) saying WHAT protocols a DR> should use. THEY are not the DR for crying out loud! Im happy they arent going by their Protocols , what has that done for anyone?? Nothing. You can read the board and see that one.

So if its a "rip off" then you can believe that- if it helps me, then Ill be happy about that. You have your own choices to make. I find it hard for you to say though since you have never been - but again you have to make up your own mind.
    There are ALOT of people here that DONT think its a rip off-it has given them hope and their lives back. I hope to be one of them and I am keeping a positive attitude despite what anyone says.
    I hope what you are doing is the right thing for you and you are feeling better. ~Good day.