I'm Taking a Poll Just Curious How old was your mother...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HppeandMe, Nov 13, 2005.

1. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Hi Guys! I am doing a ton of research these days and have been for the past two years but have stepped up in gear when I hit rock bottom the other day. Because of you guys I was able to get through it. I love you all! It's amazing that we all have never met before but have so much support and love for one another.

Anyway, I wanted to know how old each of your mother's were when they became pregnant with you?

Thanks for responding.
  2. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

My Mom was 23. I am now 52.

PIRT
  3. ceili

ceili New Member

My mom was 40 when she had me. I was the 8th of 8. {always knew I had the last of her genes, and weaker of all the kids}

What will you do with these results?
  4. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

What a great name!!!! It goes for me too!! I am doing a lot of research which I will be taking to NIH. One of things I wanted to see if there is any relation to the age when our mother's become pregnant with us. I know a lot of people such as myself whose mother were very young when they had them end up having certain health problems. I just want to see if there is any correlation.

My mom was 15 when she became pregnant with me and I had my fair share of health problems even before CFIDs.

Thanks for asking!
  5. Juloo

Juloo Member

She was 31 and had me at 32.

I was 32, almost 33, when I had my son.

I'm now 42 and have had CFS 7+ years.
  6. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

I'm the youngest of 2. My mother was pregnant with my sister when she was 28, and then me when she was 36.

Says both years had really bad tv programming ;)

~Amanda
  7. Nanledaroe

Nanledaroe New Member

My mother was 39 when she became pregnant with me....40 when I was born. BTW...my father was 56!
  8. lbok

lbok New Member

I think my mom was 31 when she had me and I made such an impression she couldn't have any more. According to her there were alot of women delivering at the hospital and since this was her first baby they ignored her when she said she was having me NOW. Dads weren't in the rooms much back then and my mom was terribly nearsighted and they took her glasses and put them on a stand near the bed. She fell out of the bed I guess trying to get the nurse and I came out and she had so much tearing that she needed tons of stitches.
  9. Bren5

Bren5 New Member

My mom was 19 when she got pregnant with with me.
  10. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

my mom was 30 with me. Same with my father. I'm the only sick one in the family. I have a sister who's 3 years older. She runs marathons!
  11. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I was born in January, 1951, and my mom was born in February, 1928, so she was 23 both when she became pregnant and when I was born - assuming my math is correct. (If it's not I'd not be surprised. Everything else seems to be falling apart and I've never been good at math.)

So what are you finding and how are you? You and I were not as good as we'd hoped a few weeks ago, but everyone seems to be worse this year so maybe that's all it is.

abbylee
  12. Esperanza25

Esperanza25 New Member

Mom was 20 when she had me, I am now 44 years old. Mom is 64 years old and also has FM and many other problems including heart problems. I am the second of five children. My younger sister was 27 years old when she was diagnosed with leukemia and died at 29.

I was diagnosed since May 2005, though it took several years to get diagnosed because like most everyone my doctor kept on saying it was all in my head.

I hope this helps.

Esperanza :D)
  13. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

34 when she got pregnant with me and 35 when she had me.

I am 34 now and I was dx with fibro 10 years ago. My mom was dx 3 years before that.
  14. fivesue

fivesue New Member

She was 18, going on nineteen when she became pregnant with me. So, I am now 58 and she is 77 for a couple more months.

She and my dad have been married 59 years. I was first and three more followed.

Young!

Sue
  15. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I am 52 yrs old.

Sue
  16. MerrimackRiver

MerrimackRiver New Member

My mother got pregnant at 19 and had me when she was 20. I am the oldest of three.
  17. hehmommy

hehmommy New Member

My Mom was 28 when she had me. She was 64 when she died last month complications from diabetes and an staph infection.
  18. Denamay

Denamay New Member

I was born when my mother was 26.

She died a year later from complications from my birth.

I was her only child.
    From Denamay
  19. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I AM NOW 52
  20. MamaR

MamaR New Member

34 when I was born. I am now 53.