I'm thinking of getting a cane for inside the house

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Can anyone give me some tips or guidance in where to buy a cane, what to look for??

2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Hi I have used a cane for yrs. The one I liked the best would fold into 3 pieces. Made it great for when you were somewhere it was hard to stow one,also great for folding up in grocery cart.

Which I left in one!! My cane now has a 3 point bottom piece which is great as it stays upright when let go and if it does fall over u can step on tip and it will flip up.

Right now Collectionsetc.com has a pretty floral flod type on sale for around 13.00

Your cane should be high enough to fit just at your hip. The ergo handles are easier on your wrist then the rounded ones

[This Message was Edited on 08/16/2011]
  3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Thanks Jen for your input.
  4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Unfortunately I do not have any insurance.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Often there are service clubs which will give wheelchairs, walkers, canes and crutches to those who need them. These are usually gently used donated items. Bless the people who donate them when they are no longer needed.

Love, Mikie
  6. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

I use a metal cane I bought at Walmart for $15-- not too bad and it's got a good rubber tip, an ergonomic handle and cushioning on the handle as well. I have had others but this one is my favorite...espeically w/ the cushion, helps w/ hand fatigue. Brand is Carex and they have different styles and prices. I've had this same one for about two or three years now and it's still in great shape.

7. momsherry

momsherry New Member

Hi Bead I have had my cane for yrs. My doc gave a a script for it. Got it where you get handicapped items. it is easy when you get an adjustable one. I like the light ones, not wooden ones. The decorated ones are cute. I use mine in the winter mostly. My ankle goes out and I am stuck tin my husband gets me my cane if I am in the house. At stores I grab a cart walking into the store, to help me. Take care, Sherry