I'm Trying A New Face Lotion for Red Faces ......................

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, Apr 2, 2006.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

I just bought a new face moisturizing lotion that I am anxious to begin using!!

It is "Dermatologist recommended" and it is called Purpose Redness Reducing Moisturizer with SPF 30 (UVA/UVB Sunscreen). It is made by Johnson & Johnson.

It comes packaged in a light-medium blue box with a little bit of pink at the top--in fact, the words "Redness Reducing Moisturizer with SPF 30" are in the pink box on the front!

I bought it at a Wal-Mart Supercenter.

You can find out more about it at www.purposeskincare.com

(I think I can include the website because that site is not competing with ProHealth!).

I'm not trying to sell anything here!!!!!!!! LOL I just know that there are others here who have said they have problems with a red face who may be interested in it, too!

I know I'm certainly glad to see a facial moisturizer with SPF 30 in it that won't burn your face, leave your face greasy, and yet moisturize it! At least that is how I have found it to be so far. I haven't used it long enough to know if it will be successful in reducing the redness on my face yet, though!!

Love,
    Janet
  2. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

Hi there I am writting this down and checking on it. I have roseacea and hate this redness all the time.

I have to watch for items that have sals in them since I am about to go back on the guai protocol so have to researc its ingrediance list.

Hope it does well for you! I hate even thinking of being outside since I burn just htinking of sun so if this worls then wahooooooooooo!

TYVM Brenda
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Janet:

I will look for it at Walmart. It is worth a try and I definitely need a moisturizer for my face. Thank you for the tip.

n.f.
  4. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

eheheh was just at wal mart tonight and completely forgot! Gee whiz what a nutter was after chocolate and I just got so single minded in that task lol.

OH WELL wed maybe lol! HAGN Brenda
  5. jake123

jake123 New Member

I just bought some of that also. I like it alot better than the Aveeno moisture lotion. The Purpose is thicker. And it actually has improved my skin.
    I bought some Joey cream at Ulta for approx. $40 but it didn't work. Then I bought the Aveeno, same thing. Then I bought the Purpose and I noticed a difference.
  6. tammy21

tammy21 New Member

information. I also have problems with a red face and neck. I had a look at there web site and it says within a week you will see a difference so could you post back after a week and let us know how you got on.We do not have any of those stores here so if it works for you I will look further into it.
    Thanks
    Tammy
  7. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I'll be watching for your update too, I've had rosacea for twenty years and counting...sigh

Hugz,
    Tona
  8. JLH

JLH New Member

Well, so far, I like it as a facial moisturizer, and whenever I do go outside (which is not often!) I will certainly appreciate the SPF 30 that it has, but ..... I really can't tell very much difference in reducing redness yet!! Maybe I just haven't given it enough time yet!!

Hugs,
    Janet
  9. chazzsmom99

chazzsmom99 New Member

go to Walmart's web page, and go to their free sample page. That's how I got mine...........
  10. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Pure aloe ver gel from the health food store?? Been around for years.

LIGHT************carole
  11. Chermione

Chermione New Member

I use Mary Kay Timewise products. It really works! It helps those with rosacea as well. You can get an in home free trial by looking up a consultant in your area at their website. It's worth it!
  12. Rene

Rene New Member

any updates?????
  13. MamaR

MamaR New Member

You have Lupus....correct?

I thought that I saw this before.

Mari
  14. Paracelsus

Paracelsus New Member

Trying to cosmetically cover up facial redness of course doesn't fix whatever is causing the redness itself.

My research to this moment points in the direction that chronic facial redness may likely be caused by a toxic, irritant condition in the body.

It could be a sign of an overworked or sluggish liver (liver is key to detoxifying impurities in body). Probably a liver that has been overwhelmed by years of coping with multiple infections and toxic inflammation.

Let's look to solutions as well as coverups!

Yours for a vibrant, radiant, natural face.