I'm trying to find out if its fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLJ503, Feb 16, 2012.

1. JLJ503

JLJ503 New Member

Hi ihave very bad anxiety/stress problem wich follows along with very bad deep aching pains through out my neck back muscels and joints pretty much a lot of my body hurts everyday. i also do get those electrical feelings but do not understand.. and every doctor i go to does nothing and cant see anything wrong. I get very frustrated because i feel like i will never get relief., it makes every day simple tasks feel soo hard todo.
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Sorry you are having all those symptoms. Your story sounds all too common.

It is very common for people with symptoms like yours to be labeled with FM, and a variety of other diagnosis that address each symptom.

However...those diagnoses usually do not address the ROOT CAUSE of the symptoms....it only gives it a name and the patient feels satisfied that the Dr has given them an answer.

In order to get better, you really need to find the root cause of your symptoms.

Often the root cause(s) is infectious.

Many people on the CFS/FM board here, later found out that they have tick-borne infections such as Borrelia burgdorferi (Lyme disease), Bartonella, Babesia, Ehrlichia, Mycoplasma and others.

Ticks are a cesspool of disease and 99% of Dr's do not understand how to recognize, diagnose or treat them. That leaves thousands and thousands of people undiagnosed or improperly treated.

It is very important to note that Lyme tests such as the ELISA and western blot are very unreliable. Many people with Lyme disease have only negative results.

There is a new test that is a culture test that is reliable. Here is the link to the article about it.

The lab's website is at the bottom of the article:

I found a Lyme Literate MD through Lymenet.org's "Seeking a Doctor" board and I am getting better. I was diagnosed with FM for 21 years before finding out I really have Lyme and Bartonella...and the muscle pain, joint pain, electrical feelings, fatigue, etc were symptoms of tick-borne infections.

These infections also frequently cause psychiatric symptoms such as anxiety or depression.

I am going to give you some info to read.

Please look carefully at the symptom list and info in the first link:

Great info from the association that Lyme literate Doctors belong to:

The following link is the "Bible" of Lyme disease treatment written by a Lyme literate MD. It contains a comprehensive symptom list on pages 9-11, and great info about symptoms of coinfections like Bartonella, Babesia, etc on pages 22-27:

There is a Lyme board here if you want to post there about anything, or read some other info.

Let me know if I can help you with more info.

Good luck, I hope you get some real answers and get better.