I'm turning into a celery stick (:!!!

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Granniluvsu, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

HI Jam and everybody else,

Any suggestions on what to put on a celery stick? that is healthy and tastes GOOD!! I can eat some without anythng but after while I think I need something like Ranch dressing or Italian. Any other healthy suggestions ? I am eating a good amount of them due to hi b/p and they are a natural diruetic and also trying to down on foods especially at lunch time.

Don't have a lot of weight to lose just a little in the wrong places . I know, I know , I am trying to exercise too, but that is another issue. We went to the gym this morning. We have been so busy lately we hadn't gone as regularly as we should have been. I have to push to aexercise with my FM and lack of NRG!

Thanks !
    Granni
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Thanks Jam and Diane. I had already did the salas dressing thing which is oretty good. Just trying to keep this low fat and possibly sald. The ssalt thing is impossible. However, I do buy low salt stuffif they have it. Went shopping this afternoon and waslooking at WM. They had regular cream cheese and the mixed with strawberries. i guess that would be good but I wasn't looking for a sweet taste but I might later on. That was the only low fat. I got the onion and chive variety but it wasn't low in fat. You can buy the low fat plain in the foil packs but not in the tubs. Cheese spread might be good but if it is no fat it probably tastes like it.

I do like pimento cheese but DH doesn't and doubt if they have that in lower fat. It would be fine if I just had a couple of stalks. If it has something good on it I could have lots s and lots of it. I am not a huge peanut butter fan but I guess if I was desperate I would eat it.

Thanks you gave me a few different ideas.

Hugz,
    Granni
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

I have tried some low and no fat foods like cheeses and most of them are awful So I usually just buy regular and try and eat less - ha ! It depends on what it is. I am a cheeseaholic so that is hard but try not to buy to much of it.

I have always been thin but lately it is all in my tummy, hips and butt. So, now am trying to cut down some.

Hugs to awl.,
    Granni
  4. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

One of my favorite ways to eat celery is to combine w/sliced mushroom & saute/stir-fry in a tiny bit of oil. You can sprinkle with soy sauce, or not. I find it easy to consume several stalks at a sitting this way. Jaw gets less tired than when munching on the raw stalks.
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

I usually put it in stir fry too if I have it which I usually do. Soy Sauce on anything also tastes wonderful . I usually try and get the low salt which also has a lot of salt. I am not sure they even have no salt soy sauce and probably it probably wouldn't taste to to good either.

Yes, it is easier to eat if partially cooked but I will eat them either way.

Hugz,
    Granni