I'm under so much stress right now

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Lms526, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Lms526

Lms526 New Member

I just can't take it! There are several reasons why.

1. As many of you know, I have a very chaotic relationship with my mother. We have been fighting a lot more again lately. I'm just so tired of fighting with her. Sometimes I wish I could just disappear somewhere. I want so badly to move out, but right now, it's just not going to happen.

2. My dad recently had a doctor's appointment, and they found something abnormal on his prostate. He has to have a biopsy this coming Thursday. The doctor told him that he would be shocked if it's cancer, but it's still possible. Please pray for him about this.

3. I'm still struggling spiritally. I'm not angry with God and I'm not going to turn my back on my faith, but sometimes I wonder if God even cares. It sure doesn't seem like it.

4. Work-Things have gotten better with my boss. I feel like she is making an effort to give me more positive feedback and isn't putting me down as much. But last week, she took me into her office and told me that she's finding it hard to justify keeping me. She said that the quality of my work has fallen off. I know she's right. There were a few days last week when I wasn't sure I would make it through the day. With all the spiritual struggles and stuff I've been going through lately, it's hard to keep my mind focused on my work. I'm so scared. I don't want to lose another job. I wish I could find another job. I keep applying and have even had a couple of interviews, but nothing ever pans out. It seems like I'm either overqualified or not experienced enough. It's so frustrating!

5. Counseling. My counselor was on vacation all this week, so I wasn't able to see her. I will be seeing her this coming Friday though.

6. I have really been isolating myself lately. I don't want to talk to or see anyone. I never call anyone. I feel like I'm starting to lose friends because of it. I'm tired of trying to explain myself to people. Also, my parents are having a party today. Which I'm not really looking forward too. I've been incredibly irritable and angry lately. I hate being that way.

I feel like I'm going to crack under the strain. Things just keep building and building. I have no idea what to do anymore for relief. But I can't keep going the way I have been. Any help or suggestions would be welcome

Lms526
  2. Sweetpotatoe

Sweetpotatoe New Member

I hear your struggle, yes I am struggling with much the same spiritually.

But our roots are deep in the Lord, somehow someway, in His timing, the seasons will change, His word says so.

I have also been isolating myself this year, I just have nothing to say, nothing has changed, and I'm a little tired of the trite advice year after year after year from people who have had the good fortune of living a blessed life and have no idea what deprivation is, silence is, abuse is, struggle and lack of power is, God Bless them, but after this long, I know I don't qualify and fit with them while I am in this stage of my life.

I guess all we can do is our best each day, keep trying your best at your job, I pray all the time, even when there is silence, even when I don't feel like it, even when I'm angry...sometimes I just call out the name of the Lord over and over, when I just don't know what to pray, when I feel forsaken, I give praise, thank God for everything, my pillow, blanket, the heater, food, my children, there is so much to be thankful for.

And I wait, God has made promises to His people through the word, Its so hard to keep believing, to be faithful, to keep being obiedient and walk in Faith when the circumstances are so so hard...then another day dawns, there is hope once again.... I ask Lord can this please be the day that you have made for me, for my family, for my children for all those I am praying for.

I find reading the word helps, even if I feel resistant to do so, I always feel empowered and a little more hopeful, then I pray that word/ promise over my life...and wait in faith.

I tell myself this will pass, this will pass, there will be change one day, if I do all I can, then God will have to take care of the rest..he has promised.

I pray you are having a good day, I pray and ask the Lord to Bless you with His assurance of His love for you.

Love Cindy.

3. Lms526

Lms526 New Member

Thanks for your input and support. It means a lot. My dad has the biopsy today. I will post an update when I know something. In the meantime, please keep him and all of this in your prayers. Thanks!

Lms526