I'm Using Emotional Freedom Technique for CFS/FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jasmine, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Hi all!
    I just wanted to drop by and tell you all that I'm using emotional freedom technique for my chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia. This is a technique developed by Gary Craig and it is basically an emotional accupressure technique that is easily learned. He has an excellent website with a free 79 page downloadable manual on EFT plus testimonials about people who used EFT on fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. I bought some DVDs from the website (which were of poor quality) and learned the technique myself and have been using it for only a few weeks so far. I'll keep you updated on my progress. So far Emotional Freedom Technique has made me feel more relaxed and giggly. Even my husband noticed the difference and he's a scientist! Have A Good Day!

Love, Jasmine
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

Thank you for the reminder, Jasmine. I downloaded the manual months ago (from Dr. Mercola's site I think) and did it for awhile but had forgotten all about it.

I found it very helpful but put it away when I was cleaning up one day and brain fog set in. I am going to dig it out today.

I am glad that you have found it helpful.

3. Sbilek

Sbilek New Member

EFT, yes, been using it for a few years now. I was first introduced to it by my psychologist, then I bought a book by Donna Eden called Energy Medicine, a most wonderful book.

Then my husband's occupational therapist taught him some EFT type tapping routines.

And, yes, if anyone's interested, free download from Mercola's site, just type in EFT.

If you have trouble falling asleep at night, just going through a couple tapping routines is usually all I need to put me asleep.

Most people, I'd venture to say, would benefit from it, may be only a subtle benefit, little at a time for some, but a little benefit is better than none.

I think the affirmations are most important to say while you are tapping. Can be anything that you feel needs to be reprogrammed in your thinking.

4. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I just wanted to say Hi, and I hope you continue to feel better on this treatment. ;o]
  5. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Hello all and a special hello to Sharon,
    I just wanted to add that EFT is used for phobias,
    anxiety, diseases, insomnia, and any negative
    emotional childhood memories and is supposed to
    be very good for post traumatic stress and abuse
    memories. I'm very excited by EFT!

Love, Jasmine
  6. elsa

elsa New Member

Thanks for posting this. It sounds like something that can be applied to life in general, not just CFS and FM.

I'm glad you have found something that gives you some relief. You know, even if all it did was make you "giggle", that is quite an improvement where CFS/FM is concerned!!

Hope you continue to improve ... and thanks for offerring to keep us up-dated.

7. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Now I really am interested, with my background, and trying to cope with life, well you know, how it get's.
    I think I'll check out the website today.
    DH is OT again this Sat.

Hope your weekend will be a Sunshine one, with Out the heat tho, lol. ;o)
  8. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

I have noticed that I'm more giggly and that I smile more
    since I started EFT and am slowly working through my
    emotional issues. EFT is good for past trauma and as
    we work through our emotional issues, the body relaxes
    and we smile more. Our past negative emotional issues
    lose their power over us and that helps us let go of
    any physical disease that has emotional links to it.

Have A Sunny Day, Sharon! It's beautiful today in
    Connecticut and I am feeling pretty good.

Love, Jasmine
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hope this helps you even more. Please keep us updated.

Love, Mikie
  10. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

I'll keep you updated on how my EFT works out.
    Hope you're having a good day also.

Love, Jasmine
  11. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Just a bump up for EFT!
  12. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I'm glad to know that your Smiling more these day's, sounds very promising.
    If this contunies to help you, I may try it too.
    I have very little Joy in my life, these day's.

Well the Foster GK's are a Blessing and I do smile a lot when they are with me, but I also get Stressed when they are with me, lol. ;o)

No it's the inside of me that dosen't Smile these day's, I haven't even posted a silly poem or joke in a month or so.
    Please keep us update. ;o)

I do keep in mind, that what works for one, may not for another, but I am willing to try different treatments, now and then.
    Continued good luck wiht it,

My Brother-in-law's, both live in Maine now, and next year, when the DH has an extra week VA time, we are headed back that way.
    I'll give you a shout across the lines, eh? lol, ;o)

How's your DH btw? Hope he's doing well too.
  13. Sbilek

Sbilek New Member

Ralph, you come up with the best lines sometimes, got my laugh for the day re bumping/tapping.

14. sascha

sascha Member

your post caught my eye- i saw that you first started posting in 2005 about EFT. <BR>
    i've been working with EFT for a while now. cfids is very complex and my system/being has been quite compromised in the 10 years+ i've been struggling with cfids. i've used EFT to combat chronic pain, problems with digestion, traumas from the past that hurt me. EFT can be tried on anything at all, and has helped me.<BR>
    i'd love to keep in touch with you about progress we make--what we discover. i've lapsed in using it lately because a lot of family are coming for Christmas and my small amount of energy and functioning power is all devoted to getting ready for that. but i'll start up again.<BR>
    i know Gary Craig says- 'persistence, persistence, persistence' is the key. don't give up. some people have overcome huge health problems with eft.<BR>
    i've gotten a lot of help from EFT. i have a big situation with cfids--we all do. i hope to hear of your continuing experience with eft. thanks- sascha