I'm very confused.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by karenweil, Apr 11, 2008.

1. karenweil

karenweil New Member

I posted two questions earlier on the FM board and they were both deleted. Maybe my subject was too taboo to discuss. What are the reasons that a post is deleted? Are thier certain subjects that are not allowed to be discussed. I am scared to ask the question again for fear that it will be deleted. I decided to try the chit chat room in case they deleted it because I typed it in the wrong message board. I feel the subject is related to FM and my pain.
    My question is this. Does anyone have problems with thier chest being too big and causing the pain of FM to be worse. I would like to have a reduction but I want to know if insurance will deem it a necessay procedure because of my FM. I am a very small frame and I wear a 34DD. Does anyone have any experience with this?
    I am sincerly asking because I want information & I have know one else who can relate. All my friends think I am crazy.

2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I only know one person, a neighbor who had a breast reduction. It was definitely major surgery but relieved her back.

My shoulders rebel against even the wide and better shaped bra straps and I know the heavy weight in the front makes my back worse.

I would try putting reduction in google, I bet they have some information and maybe some support groups that could provide information.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Check out the rules for prohibited topics. See upper right hand corner.

4. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I can't help you much about the breast reduction.....I have the opposite problem....I am in need of an enlargment LOL!

But I do know that the CFS/FIBRO board is going through a lot of difficulties here lately and I think the moderators are just trying to make every body happy by deleting posts that have the potential for complaints, though I do not see how your question could cause any conflicts at all. I do feel like your problem definatly pertains to fibro and it should have been allowed to stay. Myabe you could email ProHealth and ask them for an explantion.
  5. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

It's possible that there was trouble on your thread after you left, that had nothing to do with you. Your question seems valid though, for either board.

I remember an episode of Roseanne about this very subject. She was having chronic back pain and had a breast reduction to alleviate the strain. It makes sense that your lower back and shoulders would hurt from this. It would be like hauling around a bag of cat litter strapped to your chest, all day every day.

BUT, she didn't have FM. I don't know if real world Roseanne had this problem, but it looked like she actually had a reduction.

It seems like if you had back pain from muscle strain, and a big load up front to carry around, a reduction would help. But with FM, it's not really always related to strain. Sometimes you hurt for no reason. Like...I have elbow pain. It's not like I am doing anything to strain my elbows. They just hurt for no reason. Plus, there are plenty of girls with FM who have pain, but don't have the extra weight to carry up front.

Since it is major surgery, and there is no way of knowing if it will help, you might want to test the theory using other less permanent options. First see if it helps to lessen the forward pull before doing the surgery.

Try getting one of those bras with the back support. Or one of those other back support devises you find in the Ace bandage department. It could be that the support, plus the shoulders being pulled back, might shift the center of gravity and help. Another idea...a minimizer bra to shift the weight inward a little.

Then if those things DO work, it could be that a breast reduction could help too.

Like I said, FM pain isn't always a cause and effect kind of pain like muscle strain. But sometimes it is. So it's hard to figure if this would help. It would be a shame to go through it all to find out it didn't help!
  6. springwater

springwater Active Member

Just wanted to say thats a lovely family photo in your profile and what a beautiful little girl you have!

God Bless
  7. Juloo

Juloo Member

Rockgor seemed to be answering part of Karen's original question...that of regarding the reasons why a post might be deleted. Rockgor was suggesting that Karen look at the Messageboard Rules, the link to which is posted in the upper right corner of the page.

I'm actually more confused as to why Karen's post might have been removed from the CFS/FM board. I didn't see it, but if it was stated the way it was stated here, it certainly seems like an issue related to FM for some women.

Incidentally, Karen, I am rather busty myself, and although my FM is only intermittent (and mild-to-moderate at that) my shoulders and arms are the most painful part. Sometimes I definitely feel the weight of my chest 'dragging' on my shoulders and neck. Also, certain bras seem to dig in to the front part of my shoulders, which definitely causes pain in my arms.
  8. karenweil

karenweil New Member

I the previous post I used the word breast so I thought it was something not allowed in topics.
    My biggest problem is the trigger points in my shoulder area and the added strain of my chest. I xcan't afford to pay for it out of pocket. does anyone know how to have insurance. what are the steps.

Thanks to all who answered my questions. When I tell people I want my chest smaller they think I am nuts. I just want all this pain to go away. I know that may never happen but some release would be nice.
  9. Juloo

Juloo Member

I take issue with the word 'breasts'. NOT that the word shouldn't be used. It's the word I use.

No, I take issue with the words people substitute for it...especially 'boobs'! A 'boob' is an idiot. I do NOT have two idiots on my chest!

And it's called 'breastfeeding', NOT 'boobfeeding'!

And why can a chicken have a breast, but not me? KFC extra spicy chicken boobs anyone?

Although I suppose that the word *might* be why the post was moved (we'll never know unless a moderator spills the beans), somehow I just can't imagine using the word 'breast' here is too racy! I sure *hope* that wasn't the issue!

Okay -- this is a rather weird post, even for me...but it's 3:35 in the morning! Must be time to go to bed!
  10. tandy

tandy New Member

My sister is in the process of getting a breast reduction approvel. Shes super huge.

I sware shes gotta be a FF!! (or more) I'm not kidding. although she is'nt small framed like you.
    But she has tons of back pain due to the weight of her chest.

I can truly relate,... my normal size is a 34C but during my 3 pregnancys they balloned up to a DD and they were wayyyyy too heavy!! My neck,shoulders and back were killing me!! Pam anderson did'nt have nottin on me!!
    I honestly did'nt like them tho. They were too big for my body size and looked odd,out of proportion/and caused me pain.
    So,...for your friends that think your crazy,.. I don't think so.
    Good luck
  11. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

are you sure the board was not just moving fast and it has gone back three pages?

If this was written as a problem with FM, and I have seen posts and discussions before re this same issue, then I would not see it being deleted.Maybe the topic was more for chitchat, though it is a health issue definately related to back pain and FM etc.

You can actually post with the title "TO Moderator" and ask if there was a problem at all. You can also email Prohealth and ask them if there was a problem and what you could do to discuss this issue.

12. poets

poets Member

I had a breast reduction and I was a 34 DD as well. I too was small framed. The insurance approved it because it was causing me back problems. I didn't have FM then as bad as I do now. It seems to me that any sort of strain on our body could cause FM to worsen. The only problem I had is that when I went through menopause and started taking Neurontin I gained weight. They grew back! I was told that couldn't happen but here I sit, a 42 DD. So just be aware that if you ever gain weight, chances are good they'll gain too!

I've always been top heavy. I started developing when I was eight. I had 13 years where I was 32 B. And here I am again. And no, a person isn't crazy for wanting smaller breasts. Large breasts make you look heavier, cause you to be harassed, and are downright painful. I understand completely why someone would want a reduction. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This should not have been removed. Some posts were recently lost to technical difficulties. Perhaps that is what happened.

Love, Mikie
  14. momof471

momof471 New Member

I deal with to although I am not small framed. I also deal with the chronic costochodritis pain as well as the back, I've wondered if a reduction would help and also if insurance would cover it.

God Bless
  15. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

the number of breast reduction surgeries in USA is more than number of augmentations.