i'm very down been put on Citalopram

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shelbyeatenton, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Shelbyeatenton

Shelbyeatenton New Member

Hi,

I've not posted for a while due to computer problems but have returned here as soon as i could. It reassures me that i am not alone. However often i post/don't post.

I have been gradually slipping into a depression that was and still is at it's blackest in the night. I feel angry that i am so ill at 24 yeas of age. That i am sat in a wheelchair not flying through the air in a dance studio. Every move i make painfully mocks me as i am reminded of what i could be.

Of course i have to think that life is simply dealing the cards that were meant for me but during those dark periods those rational thoughts are hard to remember.

I speak to the psychologist at the pain clinic i attend and i trust her enough to express myself okay which i'm sure will help. I just hope i am able to come out of it.

What i came on to ask, before i bore anyone further, does anyone else take the anti depressant i have been prescribed? Also is there any epileptics out there? My doc said it is one of the safer ones to take in relation to triggering seizures?

Thank you very much for listening, Wish me well on my recovery (if it is even possible!)

Many Hugs,
    Shelby
    xxx
  2. jake123

jake123 New Member

Hi Shelby, I've been on it for quite some time, as well as Wellbutrin. I just do better with those meds. My psych. says I just happen to be one of those overly sensitive people with an over sensitive brain but that comes with good things like intuition about people, organization skills, detail oriented, highly intelligent, etc. He meant it, not just blowing my skirt up.
    I've tried not taking it and I just get into a black, negative mood so I keep taking it. My psych. says I've had enough trauma in my life to not snap back like I use to. I can tell that I handle situations much better now whereas before I would have gone on a tirade. This is better and I am helping other people to handle their anger.
  3. Shelbyeatenton

Shelbyeatenton New Member

Thank you very much and i hope it does turn out to be the one for me although i am running into a problem that i have gone into detail with in another post regarding other medications i am taking at the same time as citalopram.

I take tramadol and diclofenac/voltarol and both are on the leaflet found in the tablet box saying not to take them basically.

I am really concerned as to what to do. I am going to make an emergency appointment with my doctor tomorrow but don't know whether to carry on taking it?

If you get a moment please help me with this if you can? Here or maybe give my other post "ALSO... Citalopram and Tramadol"

Thank you so very much. This is sending me really confused and upset. I am scared of what i am putting in my body and how it will react.

Shelby
    xx