I'm with you Nance 005....."it" being viral

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Oct 20, 2002.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I really believe this DD is stemmed from a virus also, seems like we all have herpes, have had strep, a host of viruses out there and the only thing it seems modern medicine cannot heal is viruses. I think every virus you will look up wil manifest itself in neck pain too. We all know all too well about that.

Definitely viral in my humble opinion.

Jaci
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I really believe this DD is stemmed from a virus also, seems like we all have herpes, have had strep, a host of viruses out there and the only thing it seems modern medicine cannot heal is viruses. I think every virus you will look up wil manifest itself in neck pain too. We all know all too well about that.

Definitely viral in my humble opinion.

Jaci
  3. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

It's a Host of reasons, including, Viral, Abuse, Accidents, and Stress. I believe that probably we have different triggering events, but end up with the same results.

This should be an interesting post on how folks think they got these Syndromes.
    Everytime the subject comes up, I hope for someone to say "Bingo" that's the reason.
    Here's Hoping,
    kredca4/sharon
  4. Ponygirl

Ponygirl New Member

I'm on the same page as you Jaci. 3 years ago after having bronchitis, I couldnt get rid of the pain in my left rib cage. Thought I'd pulled a muscle. Long story short my chiropracter sent me to a ruemy. Bingo. FMS. Since then more flare ups due to stress ect, Last year alone I had Bronchtis in Novenber, Pneumonia THREE times. Once in December single lung, spreaad to both lungs in January Double pneumonia then again in March single. Friday I got a flu and pneumonia shot and thats how I found Dr. Laura Perry who's sister has FMS. am pretty sure my mom had FMS too, but will never know as she passed away 10 years ago. She was always in pain and I thought it was an act for attention. Sure wish I knew then what I know now. I wouldve been much more patient with her aches and pains. Hey, do you have bad allergies too? Being very careful to stay healthy right now as in the fall the leaves have dropped and are molding in the rain. Just the right condition for me to start my cold and flu season.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Seem capable of triggering our illnesses along with history of childhood abuse, depression, accidents, childbirth, surgery, and on, and on, and on.

These things are only the triggers which bring our illnesses to the fore. There's something deeper, possible a genetic predisposition, at work here.

Love, Mikie
  6. Nannibel

Nannibel Member

Whether its viral, bacterial, who knows, this thing is apparantly able to transmit to others, a genetic disease you don't transmit, and my husband has this same disease...............we are sharing something in common ..........and it isn't genes, something has really damaged our health I sure wish I knew what it was.
    Thanks for everyones replies
  7. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

"I might be crazy but it beats going insane."

I do not feel my "ailment" is a part of me. I feel more like a host for it.

When all this began, once I left the denial scene, I called it "it" and was flaggelated for taking that stance. In my heart of hearts I truly feel "this is not of me". I was so ill in the beginning it was to be believed. A bona'fide experience I was unprepared for....the only predisposing factor would have been the depression/anxiety et al. I had battled since adolescence. The use of SSRI's to treat serious depressive began for me in about 1985-ish.

I truly believe "something" attaches via the neurologic network.....from there the damage can be spread anywhere.

Answere? Yes, we know...they are out there. CactusLil'

[ advertisement ]