IMMUNE SYSTEM HELP has anyone found success?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tennisnut, May 3, 2008.

1. tennisnut

tennisnut New Member

Hi there
    Like most sufferers, I guess a faulty immune system is the biggest problem. As soon as I begin to feel a little stable, I come down with yet another "side" illness. Just coming out of 18 days severe head pain with sinusitis and feel set back again with the antibiotics and painkillers.
    I would dearly love to hear if anyone can recommend any product which they have found successful.
    I take a multivitamin, fish oil (10), ginko, CoQ10 (120).
    Thanks to anyone who replies.
  2. andreake

andreake New Member

I had excellent results. If you want to you can look into transfer factor plus though 4-life research. I believe they have a similar product though the store at this site.

It will probably help your fibro symptoms also.

Also, please get some "friendly bacteria" to replace what is lost though the antibiotics.
  3. DoveL

DoveL Member

Hello there!!

I have a lowered immune system, also showed up in my labwork. .I have CFS, as well as FMS (developed later on)

I used to have severe sinus problems also. I find that taking Olive leaf extract (The Company is East Park Research), 2 tabletsl 2-3 times a day helps to keep them away, esp. if I feel an infection coming on, or a cold or virus. Now, if I catch a cold or flu, or feel one coming on, I take this stuff, and I swear it knocks it out of my system. You can research it on the net. Actually a women I met at a CFS support group recommended it to me, and it was some of the best advice yet. It is a bit pricey, but has helped me alot. In fact, I just caught a doosie of a cold and was so sick. But after 3 days of taking this stuff, and upping my vitamin C to 5000mg a day, and drinking Echinachia tea, I am feeling better. It is usually tough for me me fight colds, flus, infections, ect. Believe me, I have spent thousands on supplements, and will always reccommend this one! It works to help kill virus, bateria, ect....

Of course, I am not a doc, but can only tell you what works for me, and I swear by it. I only use that brand also, because that was recommended to me. It is a bit pricey but worth it.

good luck, feel better.
    Let me know if you try and it and it works.
    Keep us posted on this board, I will look for it.

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It isn't so much that our overall immune systems are low; we have one side of our immune systems which underreacts and one side which overreacts to stimuli. What we need are immune modulators. According to Dr. Cheney, undenatured whey is one of the best ways to retune the immune system. I have used this in my own healing. I buy the ImmunPlex sold here. The cheap protein whey, sold in healthfood stores, is not the same product.

I also use colostrum and probiotics, both sold here. Immunity starts in the gut and the probiotics help keep our guts healthy and prevent Leaky Gut Syndrome, a serious condition.

Helping to rebuild my immune system has been an important part of my own health regimen.

Love, Mikie
  5. tennisnut

tennisnut New Member

This is just what I need - testimonials. My medical doctor has no idea what I'm talking about. I appreciate your time - and now I have somewhere to start and trial for myself.
    Cheers TN
  6. hi all.

i most definately feel that my immune system is healing,getting strong.

ive been drinking cranberry juice,first thing in the morning 250mg,then another last thing at night.

been doing it about a year now.

check with doctor first,if you are on medication from doctor,as it affects certain meds..sees them as a enermy,i feel.

been on pumpkin seeds,adding two table spoon fulls to my morning museli.

been doing it,,this will be my fourth or fifth week now.

its getting rid of nasties in the gut i feel.

pomeganate seed extract 200mg,one a day.

i feel is helping with inflamation of the blood vessels,and thinning blood.

dont take it on the day you have a 400mg ibruprofen though.

as the anti inflamatory amount is too high if taking those two things on the same i leave the pomengrate one a day pill,off, that day.

all seems to be ticking over well,for me.

im off my amitriptyline (on doctors advice),due to new side affects,after being on it 14 years.

ive had no body crash for four or more weeks now,no extreme sneezing.

keeping my body cool is a must,and sweating calmed down when the amitriptyline was gone out of my body.

so all in all,a slow,but possitive, result for me just now.

better immune system.

i feel lucky just now,and suprisingly,,,younger.

kind regards

7. Catseye

Catseye Member

Since I've been treating my digestive system, which includes most of the immune system, I've been getting back to normal. And you're absolutely right about your medical doctor, they are clueless about treatments that don't involve drugs - that's why they can't help up. My thread about "comprehensive stool analysis" describes my testing and treatment.
    Digestion includes the immune system, detoxification and nutrient absorption. I don't think it's possible to get well without adressing digestion. It's the core of our diseases.

8. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

just reading some of your past threads, wondering how your going with your immune system, ie transfer factors etc
  9. tennisnut

tennisnut New Member

It's good of you to inquire. I'm at a stage where I've been so low (on a scale of 1-10 .. 10 being healthy and 1 being bedridden, I'm about a 2).

Consequently I have just been focussing on taking it easy, trying to get strength back, so I have not been experimenting with new supplements. I have had a poor reaction to many.

I want to try the Transfer Factors, but have fading confidence in my own ability to administer and wondering if I should be consulting an immunologist.

I need to start a health log again, as that helps to monitor delayed effects, etc.

Thanks again for inquiring, Good luck, TN
  10. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

Sorry to hear your feeling so bad. Those are the times when you have to wait it out, eventually u get some improvement. When Im like that i make good use of sleep and pain meds.

Have you thought of getting another full blood test to make sure you dont have anything else pop up. Sometimes when your feeling low antidepressants can help, you still feel crappy but you dont feel as bad about feeling crappy if you know what i mean. Stick to low doses ie 1/4 tab etc until your out of the hole.

Being a tennis nut you should be able to get lots of exercise 'watching' the US open, lol.

Good luck and dont sit up too late watching tennis.