Immune System Hypersensitivity - Cell Phone Reactions??!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TerriM, Feb 3, 2003.

1. TerriM

TerriM New Member

Strangely as my CFS progresses I am becoming more and more sensitive to environmental factors. It started out with sensitivity to medications (I have to take minute quantities), household chemicals which I threw out and now use baking soda & vinegar and then I noticed I was flushing badly if I ever tried to use the cell phone. I stopped but this keeps getting worse and now people on cell phones anywhere near me (50 ft.) make me completely ill -- severe flushing, pain in the left side of head, disorientation. Of course people are everywhere with cell phones now and it is a nightmare. I also realized I can't be around microwave ovens (get strange symptoms then too). Yesterday I was asked by my dr. to have a CT-Scan of my sinuses. I should have known better. Reacted to the CT-Scan just like the cell phones. My Dr. thinks it is my immune system not functioning correctly & not protecting me from the radiation. Please let me know if anyone else out there has experienced this. Like the fatigue & cognitive issues & other hypersensitivities wasn't enough!!!!
  2. Kay2

Kay2 New Member

My addy is under my bio. Very interesting !!! Linda
  3. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

EMFs can wreak havoc on your adrenal glands, so if you already have a problem with them, its not unreasonable to have the situation made worse. For me, I would become very anxious (panicky) when on the cell phone.

I had written something about this issue, awhile back, but when I did a search, I couldn't find it. Basically it described my own experiences with cell phones and the literature that seemed to explain my reactions. BTW, I had stopped using a cell phone about a year prior to reading this article, and while I had no understanding of what was happening to me at the time, it was nice to finally get some answers that made sense.

I wish I could give you more information, but try doing an internet search using "electromagnetic field" and the symtpoms you are experiencing.

Annette
  4. TerriM

TerriM New Member

Annette - Thanks for the info. I have had some adrenal workup done. My adrenaline by product is normal, but my cortisol was excessively high. This makes sense. Were you also having pain in the head & flushing when you encountered them?

Were you able to do anything about it? As I said, they are everywhere now & I'm starting to be afraid to leave the house for fear of running into someone on one of them. I guess the adrenals responding make sense because the EMF's are essentially attacking the body and the adrenals are our flight or fight mechanism . . . I just wonder why some people who's immune systems are out of balance react to them & some don't???? Terri
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There's an article on the Home Page about electromagnetic fields and their effect on CFS.

Many of us experience strange things around electronics. Since our bodies are basically electric machines and since they are not functioning correctly, this makes sense.

Love, Mikie