immune system tests, help please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by genevieve, Oct 26, 2002.

1. genevieve

genevieve New Member

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me what tests can be done to show if our immune systems are functioning properly or not?

I believe we tend to have low levels of Natural Killer Cells?

What else is abnormal and should be tested?

Also have any of you been tested by Dr Les Simpson in New Zealand to see if your red blood cells are abnormal shape?

With love,

Genevieve
  2. genevieve

genevieve New Member

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me what tests can be done to show if our immune systems are functioning properly or not?

I believe we tend to have low levels of Natural Killer Cells?

What else is abnormal and should be tested?

Also have any of you been tested by Dr Les Simpson in New Zealand to see if your red blood cells are abnormal shape?

With love,

Genevieve
  3. monom

monom Member

There are several distinctive test where an immunalogist would know those specificly or other knowlegeable Drs.

Good luck, and please share results and their interperation with us.

Monom
  4. rbtheidmanhabs

rbtheidmanhabs New Member

Hi Geneive!
    When you get your immune system tested they check your white cell count.Your IGG level,IGM,IGA should normally be at a 6 or 7.Guess what when they did mine they were all at the below 0 level.I have been taking immunogobulin infusions since June 2001.Now my IGG level is staying at 7.3
    The other 2 are still at the below 0 level and they have told me they will never change now.Get them to do this blood work right away.Seek help as soon as you can.

Bob