Immuneologist

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by scarflady, Aug 17, 2005.

1. scarflady

scarflady New Member

Has anyone in the group seen an Immuneologist? My immune system is terrible and have been thinking perhaps I should
    see one.

Scarflady
  2. puppyfreak

puppyfreak New Member

But I've seen Rheumatologists and Neurologists for my Autoimmune Vasculitis [I also have neuropathy]. One was an Osteopath and he did the most blood tests of all of them.
    I haven't had the money to Doc shop but now I'm on Medicare and I can go where I want [if I want to pay 20%] so I've been thinking of seeing a Neurologist again.
    What symptoms are you hoping to have addressed?

Char
  3. rhonda357

rhonda357 New Member

Hello, I have a rhuemotoligist that has a degree in Immunenology also and I love her. Would not trade her for the world and yes I think it makes a difference. I have 6 immune system diseases and she has made a world of difference in my health. I live in Ohio and she is from Cincinnati, I have a 45 minute drive to see her but it is well worth it. Good luck with finding one you will be glad you did.
    Rhonda
  4. scarflady

scarflady New Member

Puppyfreak
    One of the biggest problems I have is that every time I fly to south Carolina to see my daughter I get sick. Sore throat, mucus, several times I have had to see a doctor while in Charleston for antibiotics. I also have a problem when I am in large crowds, my immune system goes haywire. Because of this I only shop when the stores are not crowded, no theaters, and so on...
    I found an Internist in the metro Detroit area that has a degree in Immunology and Allergies. I will be seeing her after my appointment with my new Endo doctor. I hope she can find out why I can't loose weight and am so tired all the time. My regular Internist keeps cutting back my synthroid and I pray the Endo doctor can find out why and will do more intensive testing.

Scarflady