Immunoglobin (sp) Test...Can Anyone Tell Me About This

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by futurehope, Apr 21, 2006.

  1. futurehope

    futurehope New Member

    My doctor ran an Immunoglobin (sp) Test on me the other day and the results just got back. Supposed to be a test that sees if your immune system is working correctly.

    It states that my tests were in good shape.

    Are these tests reliable!!! And what is the specific test actually called?

    I sure hope so, it would be nice to hear some good news for myself once!!

    Thanks in advance,
    Love and prayers,
  2. futurehope

    futurehope New Member

    supposed to be some kind of blood test that actually tests how well your immune system is working.

    That is what the Doc. told me. I think I might have spelled it wrong.

    I do not know, but something in my mind keeps clicking, saying it might be something like IGM IGA??

    Don't know, looking like I am not the only one!!

    Love and prayers,
  3. TwinMa

    TwinMa New Member

    Here's a basic definition of an immunoglobulin:


    A protein produced by plasma cells and lymphocytes and characteristic of these types of cells. Immunoglobulins play an essential role in the body's immune system. They attach to foreign substances, such as bacteria, and assist in destroying them. Immunoglobulin is abbreviated Ig. The classes of immunoglobulins are termed immunoglobulin A (IgA), immunoglobulin G (IgG), immunoglobulin M (IgM), immunoglobulin D (IgD) and immunoglobulin E (IgE).

    Hopefully someone else can add more info. But at least with the correct spelling - immunoglobulin - you can google and find more information. Hope this helps.
  4. futurehope

    futurehope New Member

    Thank you so much for helping me figure this one out!!! I will post it in a different way and try to get more responses!

    Love and prayers,

[ advertisement ]