immunopro alternative?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladybugmandy, Aug 26, 2007.

1. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hi all. i am on valcyte and also take vitamin D and coriolus versicolor. i have had CFS for 14 years.

i know immunopro or immunocal is supposed to help but i am wondering if there are any alternative to this product. it is so gross to take and i am having a hard time.

i'd rather even injections that this stuff!

thanks
    sue
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 08/26/2007</i>]
  2. kking0412

kking0412 New Member

Advocare makes a very good one called 'Immunoguard'
    [web site address removed as per rules]
  3. EpsteinBarr

EpsteinBarr New Member

Ladybugmandy: Thank you for shearing your experience with antiviral drugs. I hope you will continue.

For how long periode have you used Valcyte? And do you fell any inprovement so far? Its important for people with ME for such long time as 14 years or more to use this medicin for at least 6 mounts. (Propably 12 - 18 mounts)
    I have had moderate ME for more than 25 years and I have antibodies for EBV and CMV (Epstein-Barr and Cytomegalo)
    I want to try some antiviral medications as soon as i can, but Im not convinced that Valcyte alone is the right drug for me. (because of bouth EBV and CMV)
    Valcyte is used for the combinations of EBV and HHV-6.

Epstein-Barr
    (Im norwegian and have not practise english for maaany years... ;-)
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You may think it's gross but I drink it in mild and actually enjoy it. I substitute it for a meal. Now that I'm on the MCP, having to take undenatured whey may be a thing of the past. I hope so.

Love, Mikie
  5. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hello! sorry i didn't reply sooner but i just found your post.

i do intend on taking valcyte for at least 9 months if not longer. my antibodies to EBV are normal (even though that is how my CFS started) and my HHV6 IgG is only 1:320..so i am a borderline case and it is not known if it will work for me. i am negative for CMV

Valcyte was originally intended for CMV and i think it works on EBV as well so it may be something for you to look into.

i have been on valcyte over 8 weeks now and i have some improvement in energy but not in brain fog (which is what i care most about).

please keep me posted as to what you decide to do.

did you have your EBV and HHV6 and CMV antibodies checked?

good luck!
    sue
  6. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

There are a number of brands available -- Source naturals makes SL GSH -- I believe you can get it in both peppermint & orange flavors.

Best wishes.
  7. kking0412

kking0412 New Member

the Immunoguard I mentioned is in a gelcap so no disgusting aspects!
  8. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hi all! do these alternatives really work though? i've read from numerous sources that even IV glutathione and any sort of pills do not do nearly what undenatured whey does.
  9. EpsteinBarr

EpsteinBarr New Member

Hello

I tested positive for EBV and CMV. I tested negative for
    HHV-6a\b. I have used a medicine called LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone) since 9. of may this year. Great improvement in my neck\head. The lumfe nudes is smaller and the horrible pain is almost gone. :) I also had cronic sinusitts before LDN. This symptoms are now almost gone:)
    The flu-symptoms is also reduced. When I got the flu now I become better within some days. (Before LDN i could`nt get it off..)
    LDN stimulate your immunesystem by natural rising the level of endorfine in your blood. Endorfine is about 95% of the immunesysteme. I think that ME, (ME is the name of CFS in Europe)or a part of it, is activating the immunesystem, and therefore an autoimmune desees.

EpsteinBarr
  10. kking0412

kking0412 New Member

is really good stuff, you can find Advocare on the web and if you click on the 'don't know a distributor' tab they will set you up with someone very knowledeable in your area. check out the advisory board for the science behind the products, they are top notch.
  11. elliespad

elliespad Member

High dose probiotics, Alpha Lipoic Acid and N-Acetyl-Cysteine will help your body make Glutathione.
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 09/14/2007</i>]
  12. windingdown

windingdown Member

THIS iS The ticket, so lots of reseach you will see its an amazing treatment... even on you tube has stuff on it, look up LDN in seven minutes... many great groups too, like GOT ENDORPHINS? LDN on facebook close group so you can speal freely but all you do is ask to join.. lots of documents in there to learn and ask questions good luck GOD BLESS&gt;
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Especially the ones which target specific viruses, are very potent. The ones sold here are excellent. If one calls, the rep can explain the specific viruses targeted.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Love, Mikie