Important!! Invisible disabilities (Is laziness a disability)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jakeg, Dec 3, 2006.

1. jakeg

jakeg New Member

To all I was reading my local newspaper on-line and this was a listed comment by a local person who needs a little help in seeing that not all disabilities are visible to the naked eye.

So please go to this site and post a comment for this ignorant person so that he may learn a lesson.

http://www.readingeagle.com/blog/letters/index.html , then scroll down to this comment. Is laziness a disability?

Some people really have nerve but no common sense.

And thanks if you go and inform this person a little more then I already have.

Take Care

JakeG
    [This Message was Edited on 12/03/2006]
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I have replied. It is awaiting the papers approval before it's posted.
  3. Catseye

Catseye Member

I used to have a handicap permit and walk into the store. If I couldn't park close, I wouldn't have been able to walk into the store. Then I usually got a handicap cart if I was going to be there more than 5 minutes.

This is somebody with a computer and too much time on their hands. Funny how they mention the "holiday shopping". Aren't you supposed to be more cheery and nice in the "holidays"?

karen
  4. jakeg

jakeg New Member

Posts may not appear until tomorrows edition.

Please bump for others to post a reply to the writer of the linked topic.

Thanks

Take Care

JakeG
  5. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

I posted a comment.
  6. Catseye

Catseye Member

Hope Josh takes a look!

karen
  7. makezmuzic

makezmuzic New Member

Thank you for the heads up. Good post Jake.
  8. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I was #5 when I replied.

Thanks for posting this!

Susan07
  9. lptopcat

lptopcat New Member

I posted, also. What are stupid, stupid man. I have always believed that "what goes aroung, comes around".

I hope he reads the responses to his post. He definately needs to be "educated".

Best to you,

Theresa
  10. Jeanette62

Jeanette62 New Member

Thanks for posting this.

I'll try and reply tommorrow as I have to study for a test tommorrow morning.

Jeanette
  11. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Your reply ROCKS! You go girl!

I am sorry on the other hand that your reply is based on firsthand experience.

Many hugs
  12. kjfms

kjfms Member

Thanks for the heads up. I just love to write comments to idiots like this guy. I never call them names or anything but I have a great way of putting them in their place ;)

Mine will be the only one from WV. I am waiting for it to be approved.

Take care,

Karen :)
    [This Message was Edited on 12/04/2006]
  13. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

Wow! So far we've all written such good responses!

(My name is "Tiffany Martin")
  14. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Well I went and made a post and like everyone else they are holding it to make sure I didn't say something they couldn't print. :) I couldn't help but notice that there were 16 comments so far on the lazyness commentary. You will have to let us know how it all turns out......SueF
  15. Suzan

Suzan New Member

People like this are just so annoying..because they can't see it..they don't believe it...Probably feels like that about many things in life too!
  16. Catseye

Catseye Member

I can't believe he didn't just crawl in a hole and die. What an idiot trying to weasel out of his first point. Like we "misread" his comments. Gee, I guess I'm so disabled, I can't read either, duh! (drooling)

At least I'm only physically disabled, and not a moron. Why don't we have reproduction laws for people like him? You have to have a license to drive but not to reproduce. If you could see my in-law's family reunion, you would want laws like this, too!

karen
  17. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Thanks for the comment lenasvn but I ended up being #15 not #5. There were quite a few in line before my reply came in.

Good job everybody. While Josh may have been talking about abusers that was not clear in his original comment.

Take care all,
    Susan07
  18. suzannekart

suzannekart New Member

I posted a response to the letter. While reading I noticed that the letter writer seemed to think we missed the point. I DON'T THINK SO! For this person to judge anyone who they beleive look's healthy to them is NOT OK. to me that is the point.
    Suzanne
  19. Chris3251

Chris3251 New Member

You can bet I posted a response. I was having a horrible day anyway, so fortunately this genious provided me with a nice little outlet...heh heh
  20. Chris3251

Chris3251 New Member

I think his 2nd comment was just attempting to save himself after getting so many negative responses. Nice try but no dice!