Important News Program 3rd Jan.Chronic Pain Breakthrough

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cromwell, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

As promised, my distant relative, Anne Louise, has forwarded an email to me, via another cousin, re her research on CRPS,(chronic Pain) which includes FM/CFS etc.

NBC Nightly News, starting Tuesday 3rd January 2006, is doing a 3 to 4 part special on her research, filmed at Stanford UV and Mass. General.

She has presented proof for the first time that chronic pain is not only real but she shows how it occurs and spreads. WHO and NIH have expressed interest too.

As NBC actually contacted her, this is showing some good interest. Hope they do a good job on the program, and I look forward to seeing it as well. Pass this on to all you know. There is also an article in a recent New Yorker magazine too.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year and Peace and Better Health

Love Cromwell
  2. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

I will have to watch for this, mine pain has definately spread to other ares, sure like to know why this happens.

Laura
  3. betsboop

betsboop New Member

this is great i have been waiting for something like this for a long time as has everyone else with chronic pain....proof that our pain is REAL...i wonder if the programming will actually give it validity and do it justice...i certainly hope so..if you know the time i would certainly love to know more infor so i can inform my family and friends..i am her in Canada in Ontario but any time zone would be of benefit...can adapt time zones..thanks for the heads up...bets....
  4. Jessa34

Jessa34 New Member

for the info - can't wait to see what is said.

Jess
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I just know it is starting Tuesday edition of NBC Nightly News which I think is around dinner time. Her EMail seems to say they filmed at her labs so I too am hoping for more info.
    Crom
  6. LADYBUG2

LADYBUG2 New Member

Thank You,
  7. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I hope I will remember to watch.
  8. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

9. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

Thanks for the info. Hopefully it will give others a better insight as to what we are going through on a daily basis!

Jennifer
  10. Maribelle

Maribelle New Member

THANK YOU! WE ARE GOING TO RECORD IT! MY HUSBAND IS JUST
    BEGINNING TO UNDERSTAND FM...I HOPE THIS HELPS ALL OF US!

MARIBELLE
  11. ChattyCathy

ChattyCathy New Member

12. alonebutnotlonely

alonebutnotlonely New Member

13. JLH

JLH New Member

For those who do not catch it, will someone give us a report on what was said?????
  14. zielskawoman

zielskawoman New Member

15. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

16. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Just saw the 6:30PM NBC news program. Section on pain was way too short for me & I'm gonna check out their website to see if there's any more info in depth.
  17. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

I could identify with this woman about her foot pain. Her foot looked red and blue like both of mine do.

If one out of five people have chronic pain, why isn't more being done to figure out this puzzle and the brain connection????

Laura
  18. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Dr Anne Oaklander, is the distant cousin who first emailed our family about these NBC slots, and the doctor(blonde) they were speaking with on the show and she is the head researcher. They were filming forever, and I was disappointed too they only gave it four minutes. I am going to acquire research notes from her that I will post, plus look for the New Yorker article. Her whole research, though, is proving that there is such a thing AS chronic pain, and it can be seen as red flares on scans. She also has replicated the way this pain gains a hold, and seems to know how to reverse it or at least treat it more effectively. Her theory is that it starts in a peripheral nerve and then spreads elsewhere via neural pathways, which disputes all the docs who tell us, "Well how come you SAY you hurt there now?"

My BIG hope is that someone else, like 24 hrs, or other NBC program will now pick this up and do a full show on it, as they sure filmed enough. Did anyone notice all the ads for pain meds that ran that time though?

But I will get hold of more info personally,I have her email, though I am keen to see if they give it a bit longer tonight or tomorrow, though from what she said they always do short slots.

Love Cromwell