IMPORTANT please read nickel study/ FMS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bunnyfluff, Mar 27, 2007.

1. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

I have posted before about my experiences with nickel allegies with jewelry, which lead me to findings about foods, etc., which caused me to have migraines, etc.

Here is the article about the study done which proves cause & effect with nickel (and I'm sure other metals) and some of our ills with this DD.

I am posting this info/link for your reading pleasure:

http://www.melisa.org/pdf/cfs_nickel.pdf

I hope it will help someone else put some pieces together!!

Yours in Health
    Bunny
  2. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Thank you very much. I printed the article. I know Dr. DeMeirleir thinks nickel is involved in CFS. I've done some research on nickel sources myself. Canned goods, white gold jewelry, and other types of metal jewelry ar implicated as well.

CherylSue
  3. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I gotta read this. I had a gold engagement ring, had to exchange it for a white gold wedding ring, I was getting water blisters. White gold had less nickel I was told.
  4. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

After having all my dental amalgams removed (over a period of 2-3 years), I moved on to having my five metal (predominantly nickel) crowns removed. After doing so, my partner commented to me several times over the next 2-3 months, "Sweetie, your brain is working so much better". I noticed it as well, but was happy to have an outside confirmation.

Wayne
  5. roge

roge Member

what did you replace the nickel crowns with?

thx
  6. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi Roge,

I know I replaced at least one of my crowns with Cerec. I can't remember at the moment whether this was the case with the rest of them or not. I'll try to find out and get back to you when I can.

If you can find a dentist who works with Cerec, he may have the ability to replace a crown all in one visit, instead of the normal two.

I'm generally very sensitive and was relieved that the materials I did choose ended up being very biocompatible for me.

Wayne
  7. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

all amalgams removed as well. I am amazed @ how many of these foods I eat every day! My sister said she found that it is also salmon & potatoes.......

I will need to find a source for cocoa powder that is produced differently, I guess. Organic cocoa powder? I do eat Organic chocolate truffles from Central Market.

I have never tried to eliminate all of these foods @ once from my diet.