Important Question on Salt baths~

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Aug 30, 2002.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Hello to everyone here today!I myself enjoy the epsom salt and sometimes will add peroxide too.I had suggested them to my mom who also has FMS.I wanted to check first to see if its a danger at all to persons with high blood pressure?
    (I thought I had heard something about the baths can effect your heart????)Not sure so wanted to double check before my ma trys them.Thanks so much!I have her on hold untill I find out.
    Warm regards,
    Tracey[This Message was Edited on 08/30/2002]
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

Hello to everyone here today!I myself enjoy the epsom salt and sometimes will add peroxide too.I had suggested them to my mom who also has FMS.I wanted to check first to see if its a danger at all to persons with high blood pressure?
    (I thought I had heard something about the baths can effect your heart????)Not sure so wanted to double check before my ma trys them.Thanks so much!I have her on hold untill I find out.
    Warm regards,
    Tracey[This Message was Edited on 08/30/2002]
  3. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

I just read over the back of my bag of Epsom Salt and there are no warning related to using it in the bath. The only warnings listed are pertaining to when it's used as a laxative, which I didn't know was something that it could be used for. Also gives instructions on using as a fertilizer, which is also new to me. Anyway, nothing at all listed about high blood pressure, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that a hot bath can increase blood pressure. Why don't you call your mom's doctor and ask their advice?
    Hope she can take a nice Epsom bath, they're soooo relaxing.

Regina
  4. fibolady

fibolady New Member

is good for your greening up your ivy. i water my plants with it if i can remember (haven't done that in awhile!) i do the epsom salts every night, it really helps. today i might take my bath very early. sorry i don't know about the high blood pressure ? only know we have to be careful in very hot jacuzzi's and they do post about not staying in long if you have hbb.

warm regards, fibolady
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

Just hoping a few more will know for sure.
    Thanks again
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Someone had wrote that the hot water could raise your blood pressure, so be sure the water is not too hot for your Mom.

It does make you feel weak after the bath, and I believe that is caused by the hot water.

Hope this helps.

Shalom,Shirl