Important Ultram ER Info

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mme_curie68, Apr 4, 2006.

1. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Hi -

Just wanted to let everyone know that I reviewed the prescribing information for Ultram (Tramadol) vs. Ultram ER, the extended release formulation since everyone was talking about the new ER version.

Mean peak plasma concentrations (highest level of the drug and metabolite in the blood stream) for the ER formulation don't occur until 12-15 hours AFTER dosing. Steady state plasma levels take 4 days of dosing to achieve.

The immediate release tablets achieve a mean peak plasma concentration (highest level of the drug and metabolite in the blood stream) in 2 - 3 hours and steady state levels are achieved in 2 days.

SO - don't expect pain relief within a couple of hours if you switch to the ER formulation.

2. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

You are so smart and helpful to everyone. Sometimes with this disease, we start feeling useless but then I read your posts and I know you are doing what you are supposed to be doing by helping so many of us with your vast knowledge.

Thank you for being such a good friend to all of us. Im on 10mg of Ultram 2 times a day. I dont see that it helps anything and Ive been on it for over 1 yr. I also take an old muscle relaxer called chloroxozone and it works for me. Ive been on it for 15 yrs from a back injury

Suzette
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

4. seancs311

seancs311 New Member

that's good info but also I wasn't as nauseaus as a result - seemed like once we got the dosing right, I wished I had never been on original ultram - the ER is the way for me