IMPORTANT!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maggie9550, Sep 21, 2002.

1. maggie9550

maggie9550 New Member

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 7 years ago. Naturally I have pain most of the time.
    All of us who suffer with this ailment have the same sore muscle pain. I became complacent and just dealt assuming it was fibro. However this time it is my gallbladder.
    Please don't ignore pain!!! and dont blame all your pain on this one condition. Part of the pain with gall stones is pain under your right shoulder blade. I might not have suffered as much if the proper blood study had not been done prior to ending up in the emergency room.
  2. maggie9550

maggie9550 New Member

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 7 years ago. Naturally I have pain most of the time.
    All of us who suffer with this ailment have the same sore muscle pain. I became complacent and just dealt assuming it was fibro. However this time it is my gallbladder.
    Please don't ignore pain!!! and dont blame all your pain on this one condition. Part of the pain with gall stones is pain under your right shoulder blade. I might not have suffered as much if the proper blood study had not been done prior to ending up in the emergency room.
  3. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

Just like I was assuming my low back back to be FM, it ended up being DDD w/bulging discs. We have to note any new pains, and just get checked out regularly.

Thanks,

Regina
  4. karenanne

karenanne New Member

And perhaps someone should write just that same thing to all doctors. They, in my experience, are one of the biggest culprits of attributing every unknown symptom to a known disorder.

me 'I have bad backpain'
    Dr. 'It's your kidneys'
    Me 'I have a pain in my head'
    Dr 'It's your kidneys'
    Me 'I have severe nausea'
    Dr.'It's your kidneys'
    Me 'I have to keep peeing all night'
    Dr 'It'll be because of your kidneys'

How about this one...
    Me 'My toes hurt...'
    Dr. 'It'll be because of your kidneys'

The irony of this is that only one of those actual incidents stated WAS my kidneys. It was the pain in my toes.....

So, although we have to be alert to not attributing every symptom to CFS or FM, so must doctors. And sometimes, that means we, the patient, need to push harder to get them to see beyond the obvious.
    KA

5. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

check you out. I went through 10 years of Gallbladder attacks dxed from slipped disk, to growing pains at 17. It was my OB that dx'ed me and a incarsarated embilical hernia. I didn't even know I had FMS back then.

Hope all is well in that area, Kim and Gary
  6. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

I too thought my pain was from Gallbladder. Dx in 90 with FMS. Had all the gallbladder studies. In fact, in 93 while in the hospital this nurse came into my hospital room and said "time to prep you for removal of your gallbladder!" I said "No No - I need a second opinion - so back off sweet thang!"

Visited 5 gastrio docs. Long story short - Wasnt my gallbladder - it was an Ulcer in My Duedenom (sp?) called H Pylori Campo- Bacteria.

6 weeks of Flagly and Pepto Bismol and I was back 'On to the Road Of Recovery'!

Yes your are right - never think Your Pain is cause from FMS/CFIDS/ME. Just recently dx with bulging discs, narrowing of the spine, bone spurs and obstructions in both legs.

Gentleness