Improvement when not eating?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Siaran, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Siaran

Siaran New Member

I wander in and out of this board but want to say thanks to all who post their advice and experiences. It helps alot.

Now my question, just wondering if any of you, due to illness or fasting or cleansing, have noticed a profound reduction in pain/depression/fogginess, whatever your FM symptoms are, during and following the fast?

Thanks for your thoughts.
  2. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

I don't know about fasting but i can tell you that during the last three months I've stopped sugar, yeast, dairy and started digestive enzymes and accillophus (sp) and my digestion and elimination has greatly improved.

[This Message was Edited on 04/04/2007]
  3. jennbug

jennbug New Member

I have also found this and that leads me to believe I have food intolerance or allergies.
    jenn.
  4. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

When i went in for a lower GI they gave me the lime tasting stuff to clean out your system the night before well I felt great when nothing is in my system. I felt good till I ate again I sometimes wish I sould drink that stuff every night. wonder what would happen If I did?

oh well it wont happen no clue as to why this is. I am looking for an answer also.

5. inbetweendays

inbetweendays New Member

i believe we are filled with toxins and not eating for awhile may alleviate some of the toxins and rest the digestive tract---or help what is called leaky gut syndrome--it may also get the toxins through the body and out of the brain and soft tissues. I am using a detox foot pad--used in traditional chinese medicine and my brain fog is clearing--i also do colon cleanses. and do not underestimate the role of the liver in keeping you tired and toxic and sensitive. in fact sluggish liver is often overlooked in many disorders---and i learned the hard way---and a naturopathic physician diagnose me and saved me from this awful liver problems--that the medical community dismissed among almost all my medial problems.

if i was you i would research detoxification, digestive tract problems like candidiases and leaky gut syndrome, and start taking a stand for your own health. good luck
  6. Sionnan

Sionnan New Member

Sorry it took me so long to respond, I lost the website (duh:) Anyway, I'm glad to know it wasn't just a coincidence. I have mostly cut back on sugar and white flour things since the imposed fast and I've noticed my mood has changed for the better but not much else. My naturopath has also mentioned liver and I've got a lemon balm? dandelion root and cornsilk mixture that I'm supposed to make into tea but it's not very tasty. However, I shall persevere :) Good luck to all of you too!
  7. Sionnan

Sionnan New Member

Sionnan is me, the original poster Siaran. I not only lost the website, I lost my original registration..