imunovir dosing question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladybugmandy, Mar 14, 2010.

1. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hi all. wondering if someone can tell me....with imunovir, on the days you take 6 tablets, do you take 2 pills 3 times a day or all 6 at once?

also...do you take it with food?

thanks a lot
    sue
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

I believe it has a short half life so best to take 2 tabs 3 times a day and on weeks you use 2 tabs, just dose once a day.

Some of the old regulars are a bit quiet these days here, how have you been going sue, some improvement I hope. Im hovering around the 9s out of 10 now, sleep is still a drama and a few aches and pains but doing alot better then what i was. Think i was lucky i responded to famvir, still on avs but found a cheap source of valtrex so not as big of an expense, thank goodness.

Heres a link to a cheap source of immunovir, to find in the link put inosine in the search area, it will take you to isoprinosine http://goldpharma.com/article/home/lang/ENGLISH/

Its a lot cheaper then other places I have seen, i think there are a few other cost they add on when you get to the end of the transaction but still alot cheaper then most places, anyway have a look around it.

cheers!! hope the link is useful
  3. cfs since 1998

cfs since 1998 New Member

Empty stomach. On the higher dose days, divide that into 3 doses of 2 tablets each. On the lower dose days, divide into doses of 1 tablet each.
  4. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

thanks, guys. the box says something about taking it during waking hours only. can i take it before bed?

heapsreal....WOW. that is wonderful that you are feeling so well!

sadly, my condition continues to deteriorate all the time but i am hoping XMRV might pan out.

love
    sue
  5. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

keep us updated on how you go. If i remember rightly you were looking into artesunate and oxymatrine, any help from these. Just a thought, have you ever done a course of antifungals like diflucan or nizoral?? A mate of mine has had some success with these, its all worth a try. No more dr lerner i take it? Often think about you and how your going, if i see any of your posts i always have a look to see how your going. I hope the xmrv pans out for you, i know you did have a test for xmrv but it didnt seem to be an accurate test, have you had a test recommended by WPI and have you done the anti-retroviral stuff?

Im in a cfs study here in australia, its over an 18 month period, its about natural killer cell function not numbers, so will let you know how it go's as immunovir has an effect on this.

Keep your chin up and stay positive.
    cheers!!
    heapsreal
  6. cfs since 1998

cfs since 1998 New Member

I take my 3rd dose right before bed and haven't had a problem. In fact this has less side effects than most of the things I've tried.
  7. scotlandrose

scotlandrose Member

I get my immunivor from the FFC and they have a dosing schedule. Cheney has a schedule somewhere in an article i read that is similar, but a little different. The pharmacy in Canada where my meds come through has a great pharmacist who may help point you in the right direction. All I know for sure is pulsing the dose is important so the viruses will not no what is comming and cannot get used to it.

This drug is one of the best things to happen to me since I got cfs. within days, I have no more sore throat, a little more energy, just a little better overall. No side effects.

Scotlandrose