Imuplus or Immunopro for MCS?? HELP!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bunchy, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

MCS is rearing its ugly head again.

I am taking my probiotics and milk thistle and magnesium along with a greenfood supplement but have got worse due to a series of low grade viruses. This always causes my MCS to flare up.

I have a lot of *scented* visitors in the run up to Christmas and I'm trying to find a way to get control of the MCS situation again so I can cope.

Would either of these glutathione boosters make a difference to the MCS do you think?

Love Bunchy x
  2. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, Bunchy.

I'm very sorry to hear about your MCS.

I can't give individual treatment advice unless a physician is involved to review my suggestions. However, in general, to get quick relief from MCS, I've heard that Dr. Ziem has found that a glutathione nose spray is pretty effective. I understand that it is supplied by Key Pharmacy in Kent, WA.

I think that the reason this works is that it delivers glutathione in a very direct way to the olfactory epithelium at the top of the nasal cavity. I believe that the sustentacular cells in the olfactory epithelium are depleted in glutathione in MCS, and that this allows survival of volatile toxins and damage to the membranes of the olfactory neurons by reactive oxygen species produced by the CYP450 enzymes in the sustentacular cells, in the absence of glutathione, so that toxic substances can enter these neurons and then have a very short path to the brain, causing the symptoms of MCS.

In the long run, I've found that the only way to reliably raise the glutathione level on a permanent basis in CFS is to lift the methylation cycle block, which is holding glutathione down. I encouraged direct methods of boosting glutathione for five years, including whey protein products, before I learned about the effect of the methylation cycle block, from the work of Jill James et al. in autism.

Elsewhere on this board I've described how to get a methylation panel run to see if one has a methylation cycle block, and how to treat with the "Simplified Treatment Approach" if one has such a block. This treatment is helping over two-thirds of those who try it and are able to stick with it.

Best regards,

[This Message was Edited on 11/05/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/05/2008]
  3. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

thank you for replying so thoroughly.

I'm in the UK so I don't know how to get that nasal spray - do you know how I could get some?

It sounds like a great idea!

I haven't done the methylation because I can't tolerate any of the B vits sadly.

I do take a high quality green food supplement that has B vits etc but can't afford to take as much as I really probably need to.

Please can you get back to me about the nasal spray if you can help?

Bunchy x