In 2000, Dr. Engel, NIH said MYCOPLASMA probable cause of FM/CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AJME, Dec 18, 2002.

1. AJME

AJME New Member

Dear All,

I'm still thinking MYCOPLASMA plays an important role in most of us with FM. Doctor Engel of NIH involved with the GWI study using DoxyCycline.....

In 2000 Dr. Engel of NIH said the following....

"In civilians, mycoplasmas are the probable cause of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia."

Excerpt from another article below...

Dr Charles Engel, who is with the US National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, stated the following at an NIH meeting on February 7, 2000: "I am now of the view that the probable cause of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia is the mycoplasma..."

I have all the official documents to prove that mycoplasma is the disease agent in chronic fatigue syndrome/fibromyalgia as well as in AIDS, multiple sclerosis and many other illnesses. Of these, 80% are US or Canadian official government documents, and 20% are articles from peer-reviewed journals such as the Journal of the American Medical Association, New England Journal of Medicine and the Canadian Medical Association Journal. The journal articles and government documents complement each other.

2. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

in 1999 one of the first symtom to send me to a doctor was a bladder problem. I got sent to a uroligist( bad spelling)that was hell, still no awnsers. my doctor did say on one of my test resalts it showed at some point i had chlamydia. i was very confused, i was never told, or treated for chlamydia. my doctor at the time, could not tell me why the tests came back showing that. but LadyDj's reply makes me wounder.how many of us have those agents or disease at some point in our lives. I'm so very confused by all this. If anyone has some insight on this please share.

thanks stephanie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for this info. It's always good to see someone in addition to Dr. Nicolson adding to the knowledge about mycoplasmas.

Love, Mikie