In A Bad Flare

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Mar 25, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hi all:
    You know the symptoms, but I have nobody else to tell:
    I am in a major flare today. I took my pain meds and 50mg. of Elavil. I can not do anything but sit. I hope it passes soon. It is making me anxious, but then again-when doesn't it.
    I hope all else are well. Just wanted to hear from friends.

Hugs,
    NyroFan
  2. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I dread flares. Yes we all know the symptoms but we all need support. A flare can make you feel so isolated. Hope it calms down for you real soon. Take care
  3. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Sorry you are not well today.

I wonder if the change in wheather has anything to do with it.
    I have been feeling alittle worse lately, and i think a few other's have mentioned that as well.

I know what it is like to fel scared, some of my symptom's cause dizziness and migraines. Both of which scare me they get so bad.

Try if you can to watch something funny or listen to a favorite tape, or maybe take a bath (if you can).

Don't know what your limitations are, but if you can distract yourself sometimes that can help.:)

Anyway you are in my thought's, I hate to see people hurt.

Take care, feel better soon.

Claudia
  4. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

i have been in a flare for a week tomorrow...i totally overdid it when DH was out of town....didn't ask for help with giving my kids rides everywhere, went to wrestling match, spent a day at church(bread day for 1st communion)....i am not used to going out of the house everyday...and my limit is usually 2 hours...

Nyrofan, what triggered you this time? I feel your pain!!!lol!!! you said that all you can do is sit...do you stay up and out in the main part of the house when you arein a flare? or do you have to lay down in the bedroom...(i am a bedroom gal) i spend so much time in my room...avoid the noise of kids, etc..plus i have to lay down...

tell me about your flare...it is interesting to compare notes....also, i don't feel so lonely when i know i am not the only one...

take care!!!