In a Contemplative Mood? 5-min Inspirational Video Clip

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Waynesrhythm, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi all,

I found myself in a reflective mood this morning and decided to go to a website that has been a long time favorite of mine. Thought I'd pass these inspirational videos along to my friends here on the message board. There's music in these clips, so be sure to have your computer volume on.

And then some laser art on watermelons and eggshells:

Hoping you're all enjoying your day. :)

Kind regards, Wayne
    [This Message was Edited on 08/21/2007]
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

when I first looked aroundme, all I saw was the chaos in my office LOL... but the pictures helped!

AND I need to correct something... about the artwork on the watermelons and eggshells - NEITHER were created by lasers but by good old human artisans by hand!

There are books on how to carve watermelons with knives like that, and is done all the time, they have competitions in fact.

Also, all one needs to do to carve/sculpt (thick shells like rhea, emu or ostrich) OR cut any type of eggshell precisely and intricately is to use a modified dental drill... I know this because I have done this and own a drill, LOL! Please give artisans the credit that is due! (No surprise, is it, that a dentist who was trying to win his family's annual Easter Egg competition came up with that idea first!)

all the best,

3. mezombie

mezombie Member

The photos are beautiful, as is the music, and I particularly liked the first video.

I checked out the website, and now have it bookmarked!

Thank you for sharing.

Might you be interested in Rafiki's Sangha? Check out her thread on this board!

Kind regards to you, too,