In a Flaire and worried about SSDI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kellyslaw, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Kellyslaw

Kellyslaw New Member

I have been debating about posting my story about SSDI here on this board. I really, really need some encouragement.

I applied on-line for SSDI in early April 2008. I had a telephone interview at the end of April 2008. In late May, an SSDI evaluator called me to ask me the names of all of my doctors. I told her that I had submitted them in writing and that they already had them. She said that she wanted to confirm that "all the docs listed were really my treating physicians." I told her that they were and she said that she did not need to request all of my records from all of my docs because they would be duplicative, and especially the hospital records. I was hospitalized twice in June of 2007. An alarm went off in my head. I began looking for an attorney and I found one at Employee's Advocacy. The clerk at the law firm has taken care of my case from that day forward. She is wonderful.

I was told about 3 weeks ago that my claim has been sent to the Quality Review Board. I have not heard anything since then. Everyday I wait for the mail to come to see if I get a decision. Like others that have posted here on the board, the stress of applying, having to quit a job I love, financial stress, are all taking their toll on me and my health. I was sent to a SSDI psych eval on 9/11. The dr was really nice and I have a copy of her report that says that I am very depressed. She mentions some of my physical symptoms but mostly focuses on my mental state. I am ok with that because I know that since I was dx'd in January of 2007, my life has significantly changed. Sorry this is so long, but I am very worried and stressed and I was wondering if anyone out there could give me some insight.

Thank you so much,
    Soft Hugs,
  2. Cinderbug

Cinderbug New Member

I would take that as a VERY good sign! From what I was told when mine was sent for review is that only the approved applications are sent for this review and very few are denied at this point.

They are reviewing the SSDI workers .

Good Luck,

[This Message was Edited on 11/06/2008]
  3. Kellyslaw

Kellyslaw New Member

Dear Cinderbug: Thank you so much for replying. I really needed some encouragement. Bless your heart for taking the time to give me something to hold on to in this long, and frustraiting time.

4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi Kelly,

I read your profile and bless your heart; you do have many health problems. I see that you have/had stomach ulcers and are anemic. Are you taking any kind of Iron med? I'm curious because I'm taking iron, had a colonoscopy about a year ago with everything fine with that, and was put on Repliva yesterday. I give out so easy but I don't understand why dr. won't send me for upper gi.

As for SSDI, I do hope all goes well for you. I applied about 3 years ago and don't remember my 1st denial. Unfortunately, I had to go as far as ALJ Hearing but was approved at that time. After reading your profile, I really don't see why you would be denied; however, SSA varies due to different Medical Examiners everywhere. Just like, as I've heard, some Judges seem to be easy-going, and some not so easy-going. I had a wonderful Judge and was very fortunate to get him because my attorney had told me that one of the Judges was pretty tough and hoped we wouldn't have to go before him.

Waiting on SSDI is a long, hard road to travel and along with it comes stress, depression, etc. I had no income for 3 years and 5 months and that was very hard on me but I made it, with the help of family.

Take care of yourself and I look for good news from you,

5. Kellyslaw

Kellyslaw New Member

Thank you Sweety for your reply. I'm so sorry it took over 3 years for you to get a SSDI. That is just not o.k. Thank you for your words of encouragement. With every passing day I feel more and more skeptical about SSDI. You are a very special person to have survived all you have.

My GI doc has not given my anything for anemia other than he keeps a close eye on my ulcers. I have had to endure more endoscopys than I can count and the "wonderful" colonoscopy in the last year. The last endoscopy was done in April of 08 and he discovered I have a hiatial hernia and GERD. I didn't know I had either. Maybe you can ask for an endoscopy instead of an upper gi. I had to have so many because of an abnormal CT scan. He told us that I have major symptoms of pancreatic cancer. Thank goodness he has not been able to confirm it. However, everytime he looks, he finds something else. I don't know what comes first, the chicken or the egg... lol.

Thank you again,
    Soft hugs,